Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Anybody got any aluminum foil welds. I've always wanted to see those.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

WildWestWelder wrote:I used to know a guy who said he could weld anything from a filament in a light build to the crack of dawn.
i have "Hot-glued" a few cracks in my life....but i never claimed to be able to weld a light bulb filament.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Farmwelding wrote:Anybody got any aluminum foil welds. I've always wanted to see those.
Are you guys fuckin welders or not :lol: Step up to the plate man! :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding

exnailpounder wrote:
lwr wrote:Anybody got any aluminum foil welds. I've always wanted to see those.
Are you guys fuckin welders or not :lol: Step up to the plate man! :lol:
What do you want from me. I'd blow a hole in that so fast you couldn't catch it on a slo mo camera. And then if I did I wouldn't have any filler small enough. You step up and show me to do it then :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

AndersK wrote:Smallest thing I ever welded. Sintered part of a torque wrench.
Two details reveals my stupidness. :mrgreen:

Was that a little warm when you picked it up? (The classic answer is, "No. It just doesn't take me long to examine a weld...)
:lol:

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Crazy old drunk I worked with some years ago always said there were three things he couldn't weld.

The crack of dawn, a broken heart, and the wheels on a miscarriage...

Steve S
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Yup, a very quick inspection indeed. Long enough to transfer my prints to the piece though :mrgreen:
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

At least it looked like a prints and not a toad! :D
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Anybody got any aluminum foil welds. I've always wanted to see those.
Here you go posted some long time ago.
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... ick#p78919

You can do these anyone can just a parlor trick nothing more
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
Farmwelding

dirtmidget33 wrote:
Here you go posted some long time ago.
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... ick#p78919

You can do these anyone can just a parlor trick nothing more
Know what I'm doing Tuesday when I get back to school. Gosh... I haven't welded for over a week now. It's been a rough week to. A lot of wood split and moved to kill my back wishing the whole time I was sitting behind a torch or gun. It's a good thing that all I can think about is arc shots. Today it was downhill 6010 roots all day long in my head. Withdrawal will do crazy stuff to you
Nick
    Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Willard Wigan creating micron-scale incredible works of art. Via his hands and a high-power microscope.

https://youtu.be/JSgfQ2rJItA
Purpose, then passion. Practitionership. Obsession and hard work. That's the discipline.