Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Oscar wrote:Interesting. So is that a flexible rubber membrane of sorts, with the button underneath it? or is that the actual button? Does it flex?
Feels hard to me. That's why I thought it was a plastic cover. It could be rubber I guess but once I connect it to my welder I will get a better feel for how it works.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

So how's it work? :lol:
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:Interesting. So is that a flexible rubber membrane of sorts, with the button underneath it? or is that the actual button? Does it flex?
Feels hard to me. That's why I thought it was a plastic cover. It could be rubber I guess but once I connect it to my welder I will get a better feel for how it works.
He just said it " feels hard" to him...he's drunk again and has no idea what you're talking about :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

beavis-and-butthead-hehe.jpg
beavis-and-butthead-hehe.jpg (31.59 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
:lol: It works great, just doesn't last very long anymore. :o Now if you are referring to the button, I haven't hooked that gizmo up yet. ;)

ExThreadJacker: Did you just get back from vacation?? :P
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
:lol: It works great, just doesn't last very long anymore. :o Now if you are referring to the button, I haven't hooked that gizmo up yet. ;)

Nah..working a job way up north by Farmboy...lots of driving time...cutting into my drinking...dammit
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:

Nah..working a job way up north by Farmboy...lots of driving time...cutting into my drinking...dammit
Did you take a minute to drop in on him and/or his school? I'll bet that beer you owe me they'd appreciate a working welder with years in the trade stopping in to say, "Hello," and your sense of humor would make it priceless.

Steve
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'd bet my beer he gets tazzed before he gets off school grounds! :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:I'd bet my beer he gets tazzed before he gets off school grounds! :D
:lol: I'm not close enough to go see him but not very far away. I've had to behave myself the last few days as I been driving alot but jobs over tomorrow :twisted:
Poland308

I hear ya I'm working on an ammonia chiller for a ice rink. I'm about 200 miles from home sitting in a hotel.

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:I hear ya I'm working on an ammonia chiller for a ice rink. I'm about 200 miles from home sitting in a hotel.
Im doing 140 miles a day and it sucks...I thought about getting a room but my partner has little ones to care for. I used to like going out of town when I was younger but I watched a TV special about all the nasty stuff in hotel rooms that shows up under a black light....did you watch it too :lol: I'll see if I can find you a link :lol:
exnailpounder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sIu-6LsVE8
Hey Josh...here's that link for ya buddy...Nighty night :lol:
Poland308

This is why I'm picky about where I stay. If I'm unsure of the quality of the hotel, then I just drink more beer. I'll sleep fine either way.

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:This is why I'm picky about where I stay. If I'm unsure of the quality of the hotel, then I just drink more beer. I'll sleep fine either way.
Ewww...are you sure? Did you even bring your black light? Nothing like sleeping in dried goo. :lol:
Poland308

If you saw the compressor room floor I had to lay on today. I'm ok with dry.

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
electrode wrote:

OH really...I could sense some change in the force...what city you working in.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I once made the mistake of blacklighting a part in the shop bathroom, so as not to walk to the clean room.

"Ooops".

I did not want to know...

Steve
beltguy
    Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:35 pm

OK folks, I know this is an old thread and some folks do not appreciate old threads being brought to the top.

However, I felt very strongly that the TIG Button should be reemphasized for those not familiar with the product.

I am 77 years old and balancing on one foot and trying to control the foot pedal is just about impossible. I have tried the thumb controls and hate them. I first saw a prototype of this product in our local welding shop a few years ago and fell in love with the concept (easy finger tip control of the amperage). I finally bit the bullet and bought one about a year ago for my Miller Synchrowave 180. It has been an amazing help with my TIG welding.

When I first started using the TIG Button, I ran into a problem of being “bit” by some stray current when I activated the button. I contacted Dave Vogel and he walked me through the issue. Turned out that Miller sets up their welders (at least some of them) for a very high high frequency start amperage spike and somehow that is conducted to the TIG button. The solution was to set the points gap to a minimum. I bring this up to emphasize that Dave was a most helpful vendor.

This week, to my horror, the TIG Button failed to work and I had to resort to a foot pedal :( . I contacted Dave and he replied immediately asking me to call him. Over the phone, he quickly walked me though a troubleshooting process and we determined that the flexing in the lead to the button had loosened a connection. Simple fix and another great support effort by Dave.

Jim

That's good to hear. I need to contact Dave to make me one for my new TIG welder! :)
beltguy
    Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:35 pm

It is an amazing product.

I forgot to list the link to his website: https://tigcontrol.com/

The website is pretty basic as they are working on updating it.

BTW, I have been a reader of this forum for a long time, but never registered as I did not think I could contribute. However, discussing this product gave the reason to formally become a member of the group.

Jim

beltguy wrote: BTW, I have been a reader of this forum for a long time, but never registered as I did not think I could contribute. However, discussing this product gave the reason to formally become a member of the group.

Jim
Welcome Jim, glad you decided to become a member, don't be afraid to post, even just to post photo's of what you're working on.
Richard
Website
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

beltguy wrote:It is an amazing product.

I forgot to list the link to his website: https://tigcontrol.com/

The website is pretty basic as they are working on updating it.

Jim
also http://www.6061.com/tigbutton.htm
tweak it until it breaks
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm glad that you brought up this posting about the tig button. I saw one somewhere, contacted Dave Vogel and he sent me one with the contingency that IF it doesn't work with the machines I have to call and we could make it work over the phone. It was a plug and play system. I had a problem with my hand and let it set for a while til I got fixed and I'm back using the tig button. I'm still amazed that it works without moving, simply on difference in finger pressure and not a lot of pressure either. It's like magic and just as sensitive as my wife.

I should have one for my Invertig 400 soon. :D
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Oscar, did you say that you already have a tig button for one of the other machines? Will that button work on the new machine or do you not want to move the button around from one to the other?
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Sorry to dig this up again but I figured this might be the best way to possibly get some of older posters on here to come back and give their thoughts.

So I've been debating a button for a bit now but I'm curious, how have they held up long term for you guys? And what kind of shop do you use them in?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk