Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Just Nick
    Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:57 pm

My Tig Button Came in and all I can say is wow what a great product that thing is awesome I will play with it more over the weekend and get it dialed in or actually my finger dialed in. If you have ben looking at this product wondering if it would be worth it trust me a novice welder it is a great product.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Just Nick wrote:My Tig Button Came in and all I can say is wow what a great product that thing is awesome I will play with it more over the weekend and get it dialed in or actually my finger dialed in. If you have ben looking at this product wondering if it would be worth it trust me a novice welder it is a great product.
What welder are you using?
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

finally received my controller button, plan on rigging it up
to a spare torch over the weekend if i have time. set up looks
simple and complete.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Just Nick
    Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Oscar wrote:
Just Nick wrote:My Tig Button Came in and all I can say is wow what a great product that thing is awesome I will play with it more over the weekend and get it dialed in or actually my finger dialed in. If you have ben looking at this product wondering if it would be worth it trust me a novice welder it is a great product.
What welder are you using?

Miller dynasty 280DX
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Ok, so the reviews that keep on coming in have me tempted to buy this thing for my HTP Invertig 221. Does it work fine with gloves? Same as without? Just making sure so I can continue wearing my gloves for safety's sake. What is the warranty? And will spare parts be available if anything fails so you can repair/replace what is broke?
Thanks

Never mind the warranty part. It looks like a pretty fair warranty , if you ask me. :D
http://tigbutton.com/warranty/
electrode

I bought one a few minutes ago for my HTP 221 but I had to re-read this thread to get it ordered as I sure couldn't find it on ebay! If anybody wants to purchase one, use the link below for the correct place to get it ordered. ;) (thanks Oscar)

http://www.tigcontrol.com/

Works just fine with gloves. Never weld without gloves unless you want UV burnt hands.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Oscar wrote:Works just fine with gloves. Never weld without gloves unless you want UV burnt hands.
Ah... it;s not that bad. That´s my whole summer
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
electrode

Oscar wrote:Works just fine with gloves. Never weld without gloves unless you want UV burnt hands.
That is what I was getting at. If it did not work *with* gloves, I would *not* have bought one. ;) Glad it works with gloves as I always wear my gloves when tig welding (and mig).
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Farmwelding wrote:

Dude if you survive till your 35 you might end up to be one hell of a welder.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding

Poland308 wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:

Dude if you survive till your 35 you might end up to be one hell of a welder.
Jackets, we don't need no stinking jackets!

No man, I don't do a ton of welding on the farm in the summer. Small repairs, generally smaller fab work, sometimes some big stuff like a safety pull or oil rack. Only safety gear is a passive shade helmet and safety glasses for grinding and cutting.

Thanks though-I'll probably make it past 35 and I hope I'll be a damn good welder(fingers crossed) If I keep up the time I'm putting in I may not be horrible by the time I reach 25. And then maybe I'll be decent by the age of 50 and maybe as good as guys like Jody by the time I'm 90
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
electrode

Farmwelding wrote: Jackets, we don't need no stinking jackets!

No man, I don't do a ton of welding on the farm in the summer. Small repairs, generally smaller fab work, sometimes some big stuff like a safety pull or oil rack. Only safety gear is a passive shade helmet and safety glasses for grinding and cutting.

Thanks though-I'll probably make it past 35 and I hope I'll be a damn good welder(fingers crossed) If I keep up the time I'm putting in I may not be horrible by the time I reach 25. And then maybe I'll be decent by the age of 50 and maybe as good as guys like Jody by the time I'm 90
You may want to re-think the safety gear and it's consequences. So many stories out there about people who were tougher than the UV rays or fumes from this or that. Then one day they are very sick or debilitated and write stories about if they had to do it over again. Just looking out for you and the rest of the noobs. ;)
Farmwelding

electrode wrote:
Farmwelding wrote: Jackets, we don't need no stinking jackets!

You may want to re-think the safety gear and it's consequences. So many stories out there about people who were tougher than the UV rays or fumes from this or that. Then one day they are very sick or debilitated and write stories about if they had to do it over again. Just looking out for you and the rest of the noobs. ;)
Yes, I am aware that there are risks, 90%-95% of welding is done with proper safety gear. Helmet, gloves, crappy jacket(BSX I don't reccomend and yes I bought it before the whole tig finger deal), safety glasses. The only time I've really had problems was one day with fumes when I was wire brushing some extremely rusty tubing-the next day I was bed ridden and couldn't hardly breathe. Lesson learned-wear a respirator- I should have known after the years on the farm cleaning grain bins(don't do it-not a lot of fun-especially soybeans they are the worst smelling when it is rotten)
Nick
motox

i don't even rattle can spray paint without a respirator any more.
if you look at the filters you will see why.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Farmwelding

Today I was doing a lot of self-shielded flux core work. Overhead, vertical, flat, cast iron to steel,nasty steel, etc. And I wore my helmet with the leather bib, gloves, jacket, respirator, safety glasses, had two fans (one to blow away from me and one to blow it out the door, door open, window open, ventilation system on...So as you see I do stay safe. Especially in our small shop, we needed the fans. I ran like two beads outside of the booth on the project and the whole shop had a lot of smoke in it. After the fans, she cleared out real quick.
Nick
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

Is it 6061.com on youtube doing these controls?
motox

harry
tigcontrol.com
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

Harry72 wrote:Is it 6061.com on youtube doing these controls?
He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.
electrode

Mine will be here today! :D
motox

He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

oscar now they have them for htp. i bought one but haven't hooked it up yet.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

motox wrote:He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

craig
Sweet. Hook it up, you'll love it. Just be careful with the tiny two-wire connector that goes into the control box. On mine they slipped out of the black plug just recently, but that's because I was moving things around.
electrode

Oscar wrote:
motox wrote:He uses one, but no Aaron @ 6061 isn't making these. Go to the site in the post above mine. Great guys to work with. They custom made me one for my welder and are going to produce more.

craig
Sweet. Hook it up, you'll love it. Just be careful with the tiny two-wire connector that goes into the control box. On mine they slipped out of the black plug just recently, but that's because I was moving things around.
A little dab of silicone sealer ought to prevent that. I will check mine out when I get it today. Thanks for the heads up on a potential weak spot.
motox

oscar
thanks
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

electrode wrote:
Oscar wrote:

craig
A little dab of silicone sealer ought to prevent that. I will check mine out when I get it today. Thanks for the heads up on a potential weak spot.
True, hindsight is always 20/20. I :D fixed it up with a temporary fixer-upper. I wouldn't call it a weak spot---I just happen to be dragging something and it caught onto it, and it got yanked out, totally my fault.
electrode

Oscar wrote:
True, hindsight is always 20/20. I :D fixed it up with a temporary fixer-upper. I wouldn't call it a weak spot---I just happen to be dragging something and it caught onto it, and it got yanked out, totally my fault.
I heard that. ;) But before I tear mine up, is there a protective cover over the pressure sensitive switch? I haven't installed mine yet but the switch looks different than the pic on the fist page of the thread. I told my wife it looks like a cover that needs to be removed but didn't want to tear it up. :o