Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Tintin101
    Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Gavin and I am 50 (Australia), I live by a number of cliches and one is "when in doubt of something I always ask people smarter than myself" so here goes...

My question has anyone seen or purchased one of these items - YJHB-2 Micro Tig Repair Welder

I want to micro weld 1.00 mm wire together in but welding / T welding and the strength is not really a design concern.
The material to be welded is stainless steel / mild steel and brass....

The supplier is a company in China www.yuyaoyijing.com

The only way to buy them is over ebay (paypal) with no supplier in Australia and having checked out the interent supplier I am somewhat of the mind the user manual will be in Chinese - thus my concern...

From the video it acts like a pulse arc welder but the join medium appears to be soldering wire.
The user manual downloadable over the site is in Chinese so I am a tad out of my depth.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 64335.html

I have looked at an Orion Pulse Arc welder and it is way to pricey and I would not use its numerous functions thus making it a pricey product...

So has anyone purchased them..........
Will they do what I want......
Given there is limited support does it constitute a decent purchase....

Is the better alternative the Pro Fusion 82?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds

Kind Regards
Gavin
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi Gav, Im an Aussie as well. There are a few of use here.

About your question, Unless you are making thousands of these things, or they are for a high tech application, its nothing you cant do with a normal decent tig welder and a super sharp/shiny small tungsten. Basically it's a normal machine. Not some special doo hicky that is only for one job. A reasonable digital tig should be able to go down to 5 or so amps which will do your job. Token tools have good machines. Leaning to tig is another story.

Good luck, Regards, Mick
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Hi Gavin and welcome.

I agree with Mick...this can be done with any decent Tig machine, some skill and practise. I weld together stubs of 1.2mm stainless filler wire often enough and I am not an especially skilled welder. 1mm is not a big step down. A good sharp electrode and a steady hand are important...it also pays to have the wire held down properly or the Argon rush from the torch will roll it across the table.

Finally, weld against a backing plate (a sheet of aluminium works well) because if you suspend the wire end-to-end in something like one of those hobbyist alligator clip 'third hand' tools, the argon can create turbulence around the wire and suck in air/diffuse without providing good shielding.

Good luck with your project.

K
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

As Kym said a backing plate will help, and i just thought, grooves cut or machined in it will aid the welding by holding everything where it needs to be. This will allow for easy alignment of your bits as well. If you can't get them machined, a thin cutting wheel on a grinder will help.