Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Fly
  • Fly
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

I under stood your meaning & thought you hit the nail on the head. God blessed you on your health &
now you have much to look forward too. Stay healthy & enjoy your new toys.

Fly
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

ex framie wrote:God alone knows what he's going to do if he ever gets divorced and decides to get back in the saddle again......
That made me laugh out loud... :mrgreen:
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Glad your feeling better, I went through some tuff times a couple of years ago when I found out I had a brain tumor and had to have brain surgery. Fortunately for me I kept all my gear, lol. Still can't seem to get my mojo back but I'm not giving up.. :D Have fun with all your new toys! :)

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Submit for reimbursement from your medical insurance. It's physical therapy, or rehab or something, right?

Seriously, tho, welcome back, and enjoy the new toys!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

Tank, gas, tungsten, rods, electrical another $600 ouch!
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Just be glad you are in Nth America.
Over here to buy what you have just bought they would be deciding if you could live with no kidneys or how much of your liver you need to live. Think 2 to 3 times whatever you just paid. :shock:
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....

ex framie wrote:Just be glad you are in Nth America.
Over here to buy what you have just bought they would be deciding if you could live with no kidneys or how much of your liver you need to live. Think 2 to 3 times whatever you just paid. :shock:
If I lived over there I'd be out in the bush with a metal detector digging up your GOLD nuggets!! Guy's here's how you lessen the pain of spending sprees like this, you go dig up this stuff :mrgreen:

exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Wow...what's your secret? I have been a metal detector for 35 years and have only found 2 gold rings in all that time. I use a MineLab Etrac...what do you use? The Etrac is generally considered the best detector on the market but sucks at finding gold. Depending o the carat weight, gold rings up anywhere from a nickel to a Indian head penny on my machine so I pass it up for silver. Wish I could pay for my equipment with metal detecting spoils ;)
Last edited by exnailpounder on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:Wow...what's your secret? I have been a metal detector for 35 years and have only found 2 gold rings in all that time. I use a MineLab Etrac...what do you use?
Explorer SE Pro, the Etrac is absolutely the wrong machine for gold. Or these Spanish 8 reales from a 1700's shipwreck...

exnailpounder

Coolidge wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:Wow...what's your secret? I have been a metal detector for 35 years and have only found 2 gold rings in all that time. I use a MineLab Etrac...what do you use?
Explorer SE Pro, the Etrac is absolutely the wrong machine for gold.
From what I understand, none of MineLabs recreational machines are good for gold, especially gold chain. I hear Tesoro beep and digs will run rings around any Minelab. I thought the Excalibur was the only machine you could dive with. Nevermind.. I google searched the picture and it explains it. I had an SE Pro and a Safari and sold them both for the Etrac. Never looked back but I have an ATPro I have been gonna take out one of these days. What coil do you use for beach hunting? I know ML's stock coils suck in the sand and salt water I use an NEL Sharpshooter most of the time and an SEF 6x8...what should I use on the beaches?

exnailpounder check your PM I sent you about $20k worth of gold detecting secrets ;) I want to get back to TIG welding in this thread speaking of which, next Mon-Wed most of the TIG hoard arrives!!!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Coolidge wrote:exnailpounder check your PM I sent you about $20k worth of gold detecting secrets ;) I want to get back to TIG welding in this thread speaking of which, next Mon-Wed most of the TIG hoard arrives!!!
We don't do ANYTHING half-way around here, including a thread-jack!

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Coolidge wrote:exnailpounder check your PM I sent you about $20k worth of gold detecting secrets ;) I want to get back to TIG welding in this thread speaking of which, next Mon-Wed most of the TIG hoard arrives!!!
lol he thought he could redirect a thread jack! :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
We don't do ANYTHING half-way around here, including a thread-jack!

Steve S
It's not in our nature to do half way. We can't get away wig half way in this field. It could kill someone. Or leave someone unoffended or leave someone who hasn't laughed enough
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:
:lol: That'll never happen...not with me around! :lol:

exnailpounder wrote:
Poland308 wrote:
Troublemaker :lol: don't you have gold to dig stop hanging around my thread and hit it!
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Poland308 wrote:
I was gonna say, with Nail around no thread is safe and no thread will ever get back on the rails after he so graciously derailed it.
if there's a welder, there's a way
exnailpounder

8-)
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

And I am usually innocent of steering a thread... :P
Farmwelding

electrode wrote:And I am usually innocent of steering a thread... :P
Yep I'm usually along with Jeff
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
exnailpounder

Dude! You're WAY worse than I am! :lol:
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Yeah, right! :lol: Seems we are usually both involved along with farm boy. :lol:
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Yeah, right! :lol: Seems we are usually both involved along with farm boy. :lol:
OHH,,my God he's bad too. :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Larry Curly and Moe! You pick who's who. :)
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding

Poland308 wrote:Larry Curly and Moe! You pick who's who. :)
Dibs on curly :lol:

Edit:I'm feeling Jeff is moe
Nick