Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am

In my version of my user manual, sections 6-3 and 6-4 describe getting into the user setup menu and then describe the start parameter adjustments. Just know that the minimum amp setting in the start parameters controls the minimum amps overall, including your end amps.
Lightning
    Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 pm

My Sync 250 does that sometimes, too. I think the way I got it to stop was by oscillating the torch in little circles as I let off the pedal.
jernigan78
    Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

zank wrote:In my version of my user manual, sections 6-3 and 6-4 describe getting into the user setup menu and then describe the start parameter adjustments. Just know that the minimum amp setting in the start parameters controls the minimum amps overall, including your end amps.

Thanks Mike. I was using 3/32 at the time, and had the machine set up for 3/32. Ill try setting up up for 1/16. Are there any issues with setting the machine to run on a small tungsten than whats actually in the torch? I wouldn't think so, but doesn't hurt to ask.

BTW. I would have used a 1/16 tungsten for this, but wanted to use my FUPA cup, which I could only set up with a 3/32 tung.

Mahalo.
jernigan78
    Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Lightning wrote:My Sync 250 does that sometimes, too. I think the way I got it to stop was by oscillating the torch in little circles as I let off the pedal.

Thanks. I was trying that as well, but with the same result. I think adjusting the tungsten size in the menu will do the trick, as Mike suggested. Going to try it tonight.

Thanks guys.