Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Troy Boy 72
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:22 pm

cj737 wrote:
Troy Boy 72 wrote:Yes mate i know its ridiculous but apparently not at that shop, I'm aware that the CK jumbo gas lens is about $80 but i didn't see the weldtec one . Just a heads upon prices i also enquired about the quartz nozzle #5 #7 Weldtec $60 + GST here in Aus how much are they over there ?
Troy - You can buy #5 and #8 pyrex cups all day long via http://furickcup.com/furickshop/ for $20USD and as little as $10 for 8s in a 4 pack. These cups use the Miller brand gas lens (5 uses a standard collet body) because the Miller has a groove for the O-ring.

Oscar - I noticed when I was using a CK gas lens on a #12, the CK lens actually has a much larger wall thickness where the tungsten exists the lens. I see the WeldTec has a large adapter too. It was my experience with the CK that this was disrupting the gas flow quite a bit. When I swapped in a Miller gas lens, it was much smaller on the body thickness and increased the surface area of the diffuser.

I'm wondering if that cup would fit any 17 style lens and if so, had you tried a different lens to compare the performance?

Nailer - the Pyrex is so you can see through when you get jammed up in a tight corner, or, need to be able to see a puddle more clearly. The Alumina cups work great too, but there are times when a Pyrex cup is a God send.
Hey cj737 Thanks for the heads up on Furick mate i didn't realise he had more stuff on his site
Cheers Troy