Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Chips O'Toole wrote:I hate metal prep. The flap wheel, knot wheel, and 72" belt grinder are slow. Today it occurred to me that my "needle scalers" might be called "scalers" for a good reason. Is this the tool I should be using?
Cubitron-II sanding disks in a coarse. Everything you mentioned comes a distant second to them. To watch them obliterate metal makes it a pleasure to use actually.
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks for the reply.

There are about a trillion Cubitron products. Do you mean the flap disk or something for a DA sander?
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.

The flap disks are good, but no I mean sanding discs that use a backer pad, although they are stiff enough that I sometimes don't use them with a backer pad for quick surface touch-up's, because you can get a really extreme angle on them. Also called fiber disks. They're like a round cut-out of "sandpaper", but they are damn stiff. I have some on my cheap ryobi grinder and will take pics when I get home.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I Believe oscar is referring to these
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (42.62 KiB) Viewed 731 times
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks.

Yesterday I got good results with a fiber paint-stripping disk. Like petrified Scotchbrite.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.

Yep, those are the ones.