Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
humblest
    Tue May 02, 2017 3:16 pm

cj737 wrote:
humblest wrote: i just posted another thread about the price on argon around here actually is the price from a LWS (Argon Refiil $180.00). it kind of scared me.
Holy Bejeezus! $180! Someone is screwing their customers. :evil: I have numerous 330 tanks, and not a single one of them cost me even $100 to fill. Now, I have an account (as is required by these companies) to have my owner-owned tanks (I also lease 4 others) filled. But I pay less than $90 for Ar/He, $65 for Argon, and $75 for 75/25 MIG. I think I was quoted $120 for pure He in a 330 tank. $180 for Argon?!?!? WTF!!!!!

Perhaps that price included the bottle lease for a year as a new customer/setup?
Attachments
prices are for exchange only, gas itself.
prices are for exchange only, gas itself.
Capturear125.PNG (250.67 KiB) Viewed 780 times
ARgon.PNG
ARgon.PNG (257.12 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

See the fine blue print where it says log in to get YOUR price. If you start a relationship with the sales people at your local store then that price will go way down. That's like MSRP on a new car. It's just a mythical number they pull out of thin air.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
humblest
    Tue May 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Poland308 wrote:See the fine blue print where it says log in to get YOUR price. If you start a relationship with the sales people at your local store then that price will go way down. That's like MSRP on a new car. It's just a mythical number they pull out of thin air.
I will try that to see what happens, i am just getting to know all(infinite) :P things that are involved into the welding process at this point i am just absorbing as much as i can. Thank you for your words