Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I am definitely working on wire feeding.

Someone said I should try thicker aluminum because it's easier.

Is it okay for a steel weld to be that grey?
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Chips,

Find music you like in the tempo you want to count your movements in, and build a playlist to listen to while practicing. The natural tendency to follow the beat of a song is great muscle memory training for "advance, pause, dab". Or "advance, dab". I've been welding a lot of aluminum fillets and laps lately, and there's always a pause after the advance.

Steve
lookin good there man, now I'm off to buy a boom box for the shop.

c
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I listen to music when I weld but never really tried following the beat or using it as a rhytm.

I listen to metal mostly... Which would get me some whack looking beads :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Olivero wrote:I listen to music when I weld but never really tried following the beat or using it as a rhytm.

Yeah, that could get jacked up in a hurry (I think there's a pun in there with the hurry. Death metal in particular would work your skills...). Go back to '80s hair band music, or even some Pink Floyd for appropriate rhythms for different materials.

Hell, for aluminum, put on classical waltzes 8-) "one, two, three, one, two, three..."

Steve
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Olivero wrote:I listen to music when I weld but never really tried following the beat or using it as a rhytm.

Yeah, that could get jacked up in a hurry (I think there's a pun in there with the hurry. Death metal in particular would work your skills...). Go back to '80s hair band music, or even some Pink Floyd for appropriate rhythms for different materials.

Hell, for aluminum, put on classical waltzes 8-) "one, two, three, one, two, three..."

Steve
Haha, I use it more to focus and eliminate the disctractions outside and just focus on welding with someone screaming in my ear...... Sounds funny now that I am saying it like that but helps me concentrate. Like All That Remains new album is pretty good, got some good kind of music getting you to move a bit faster than the slower stuff.
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Acdc is the best music for tigging. Youll probably want to avoid Fear Factory. Beats per minute may be a tad high, lol