Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Juni_1976
    Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

I've been welding for more than 12 years,and have never been able to control the white frosty area around my weld regardless of the the size of cup, filler or tungsten. Any help would be appreciated
Attachments
14946124068791412264604.jpg
14946124068791412264604.jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 717 times
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Turn your balance setting up more toward penetration instead of cleaning.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Turn your balance setting up more toward penetration instead of cleaning.
Also, more amps give a faster travel speed which tends to make the etching area smaller too.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I can't control it for the life of me, I use a stainless toothbrush and go with the grain and then blend it in, seems to work most of the time.
if there's a welder, there's a way
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Olivero wrote:I can't control it for the life of me, I use a stainless toothbrush and go with the grain and then blend it in, seems to work most of the time.
I upped my frequency to 150 and run a tiny bit into the pen side of balance. Thats on shiny clean though. You have to play around with dirty metal. Keeps the weld clean with no sand and the cleaning band smaller...unless you lengthen your arc.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Olivero wrote:I can't control it for the life of me, I use a stainless toothbrush and go with the grain and then blend it in, seems to work most of the time.
I upped my frequency to 150 and run a tiny bit into the pen side of balance. Thats on shiny clean though. You have to play around with dirty metal. Keeps the weld clean with no sand and the cleaning band smaller...unless you lengthen your arc.
Huh. I hate the sound it makes when you bumb up the frequency, but maybe I should just turn up my music and deal with it :D

What's your balance %?
if there's a welder, there's a way