Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
mopeep
    Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:54 am

Yes I agree there is lots of brainpower available from all you guys to figure out most any issue and photos greatly increase communication.

I appreciate the help tremendously.

Here is my AHP control panel. Have since had pretty good luck with 1/8 inch aluminum using AC main amps at 135, start amps at 35 and ending amps at 35. Was able to get a good puddle real fast, got good cleaning, and could modulate with pedal as the work got hotter. I admit i am mystified by the whole start amps, ending amps thing as it relates to pedal modulation in 2T setting.
Attachments
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG (50.54 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Miller 211
AHP AlphaTIG 200X
Hypertherm plasma
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Up/downslope is typically not active when using footpedal because you the operator are controlling the up & down slope, but if it is (which I feel it shouldn't) then figuring out how it plays a part is simple. Adjust only one variable at a time and note if there is any different behavior. Try different values back-to-back so your memory is fresh and remember how the arc behaves with different settings. Same thing for end amps. Just remember to keep EVERYTHING else constant.

So I take it that your footpedal no longer acts as an on/off switch and you are able to modulate the amperage with pedal modulation?
mopeep
    Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:54 am

Yes, I took a long break making these posts and when I went back on the aluminum I was modulating and controlling heat just like I have been for a couple years working on mild steel. I can't figure what setting I abused to get pedal to act like on-off switch. Is that even possible?
good advice about changing only one parameter at a time.

Am I right that when using pedal that start and end amp settings don't matter, but the important part is setting main amps high enough to puddle quickly and then get off and on the pedal as needed?
Miller 211
AHP AlphaTIG 200X
Hypertherm plasma
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

mopeep wrote:Yes, I took a long break making these posts and when I went back on the aluminum I was modulating and controlling heat just like I have been for a couple years working on mild steel. I can't figure what setting I abused to get pedal to act like on-off switch. Is that even possible?
good advice about changing only one parameter at a time.

Am I right that when using pedal that start and end amp settings don't matter, but the important part is setting main amps high enough to puddle quickly and then get off and on the pedal as needed?
I have the slope function on my Dynasty but I never use it. I don't think its too useful unless your doing the same weld, over and over and you know what to expect, being able to control it yourself modulating with the pedal is probably better.
if there's a welder, there's a way