Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

http://tritool.com/product/model-304/

Use one of these if you don't have one already. Worth there weight in gold for SS tube.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Poland308 wrote:http://tritool.com/product/model-304/

Use one of these if you don't have one already. Worth there weight in gold for SS tube.
I have one made by Lefon...awesome piece, basically face and weld.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Both machines look awesome. Round this way they're $6k plus shipping. Oh well ...

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I did it for many years with a band saw, guide and a dedicated file...fit is everything.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Coldman

Hey Rick wot's happenin?

Thankyou so much for your knowledge and experience, much appreciated!!!
I tried your setting 60amp, 2.5pps, 50% on time, 50% background current. I don't have a 1/16" gas lense for the fupa cup so I stayed with sharp 3/32" lanth. Result was incomplete penetration.

Increased peak current to 65amps, here is the result:
A9.jpg
A9.jpg (75.05 KiB) Viewed 821 times
A10.jpg
A10.jpg (39.82 KiB) Viewed 821 times
I think it's looking good, what do you think?

By the way, I am using band saw cuts for fitup, and dirty used for everything file. (I'll get a new one for really and truly welds)
Coldman

Hey Rick,
by "devil's eye" I presume you mean the tiny keyhole at the leading edge of the weld pool. I also found I needed to keep the electrode at 90 degrees to keep control of the weld pool and penetration. Any lay back of the electrode immediately caused incomplete penetration.
Is this your experience?