Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Cnesbitt7
    Sun May 21, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and am looking for some expert advice
I bought a lotos tig200 for 300 from a guy recently. Tested it out at his house on aluminum and steel and worked great on both. Fast forward two months of no use and boxed up while we moved into our house and the machine is giving me some headaches. It turns on and welds great with the finger control but will not work with the foot pedal. If you hold the torch away from your work piece and depress the pedal the buzz from inside the machine starts, the gas flows as it should and everything seems to be normal. If you bring the torch to your work piece to begin welding and press the pedal the arc starts for a split second and then kicks the machine into a safe mode. It then displays "006" on the amp display and shuts down the top fan. Has anyone else out there had this problem or know what I might be experiencing? Any help on this would huge! Thanks in advance.