Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

Also vote for silicon bronze. 1/16". DC just enough heat to melt the silicon bronze to the sst maybe 30-40 amps? If the filler is turning dark, back off the heat. I "welded" stainless to aluminum with silicon bronze when I was bored one day. think I went AC for that. There isn't a whole lot that is metal that you can't stick together with that stuff. At least as far as sculpture goes.
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Just a note from a small time coin collector, if you're wanting extra cash and you happen to buy sterling silver anything just sell it out right. You can use the stainless stuff all day but the .925 stuff is worth selling.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yes I am a small time coin collector myself and my father has a decent collection of silver silverware and I wouldn't want to use that anyways. It would probably cost too much or I would have to polish it up a bunch to make it really shine like I like it to.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

I collect silver coins...from shipwrecks :twisted: 1751 Spanish world coin, world between the pillars of Hercules. I just purchased some 56% silver brazing rod the other day, it may have been cheaper to use a silver coin :o

Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I am not that into collecting. I mostly collect American coins post 1910 and have a hefty collection of British coins post like 1870 I got when I went to England and stayed with a family who's family member collected and they allowed me to take one of each from every year and I barely made a dent in the collection.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick