Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Sarge

Not at all Jim. My reference was to the earlier post by the gurew saying that he welds production, not just a hobbyist. I used to be the night shift weld shop super for Arctic Cat, who oddly enough use pulse too...lol ;) But I now do about 98% aluminum where I work as the fab mgr. But I too, am obviously full of hot air. :o
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Gettin a picture in my head of a hot air balloon race for some reason lol.

Nice pics man. Looks like some fun.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
gunmaker
    Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Can anyone here answer the title of this thread?
Pulse rate over 20?
Does this help with AC or DC?
Both?
I've done most of my TIG work with my Miller Dialarc HF and now I'm needing to replace it. Looking to buy a new machine and I have the same question as the OP.
Thanks
gunmaker
Sarge

AC for aluminum, obviously, yes. I would have to look back on my notes from earlier about DC but I want to say yes. I was using pulse MIG with the robots at Arctic Cat. I also use pulse MIG with the Linc MP350 also on aluminum. The Cobra push pull gun makes for a weld rivaling the TIG process, and guess what.....it makes for really FAST welding. (sorry...tongue in cheek shot there) ;) :lol:
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

It depends on what your welding-Material AND joint design. Even if your not currently in need of it, you might in the future, and springing the extra money for it now can save you from having to buy another machine later.

Someone posted on here awhile back, when it comes to welding machines(and damn near anything else thats expensive in life)-Those who are cheapest end up payin more in the long run.

Buy the most machine you can decently afford, and you wont regret it.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?