Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
bowleggid
    Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Has anyone added a Coolmate torch cooler to a Lincoln Square Wave 200 ??
I like the feel of the #9 torch, but it's rated 125 amps. I want to weld heavier aluminum and add helium to push the limit of my Square Wave 200 up some, and was thinking of getting a #20 torch (liquid cooled) and adding a Miller Coolmate to it (as economically as possible -- whatever used one I can find on eBay.) Any ideas / feedback?
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

just do it. cooler is for the torch does not really concern the power source. Just remember to have the cooler running before welding.
Can also use constant water loss from a faucet.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Lol For sure, been there done that. Luckily I didn't damage the torch or lines.. I have this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Miller-Co ... 2354715143
Good luck!!
Pete
rick9345 wrote:just do it. cooler is for the torch does not really concern the power source. Just remember to have the cooler running before welding.
Can also use constant water loss from a faucet.
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
bowleggid
    Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the feedback.
jauguston
    Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

I did it to my Miller Diversion 180. 20 torch with super flex 25' hoses and a home made cooler using a vending machine cooling pump and tank from e-bay. Added a Jattus Tig Perfect pulser and a Smith Equipment Argon/Helium mixer from e-bay.

I am not nearly as good a welder as it is :D

Jim