Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Ok, I finished welding my guy together. Now, I am trying to weld details on. Mouth, two eyes and I have hair. Any advice, on welding 1/8 aluminum, on top of 1/8 aluminum?

I started having problems again today. No puddle would form. I actually just got the metal hot. Pushed in on the back and out in the front. haha

I have gotten to the point, where i was just going to use that metal cement stuff, to put those few details on. But, I thought I would check on here first.

I am using a Bobcat 250 as a generator and an AHP Alpha tig as my tig welder.
Attachments
IMG_4187.JPG
IMG_4187.JPG (77.68 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Gene.243
    Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Can we assume that you used this system to weld the butt and corner joints in the photo?
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Indeed. But things have been weird. I can not make a puddle. As I think I said, while trying, it almost cut through the aluminum.

Maybe a spot welder would work. Haha.

I know there is a way to do it. It's just that I cannot figure out, how to get the two together. Do I start the puddle on the bottom metal, part going on or both? I will search and search.
Gene.243
    Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:43 pm

If you can't start a puddle the troubleshooting tree can go two directions. Equipment or operator. On the equipment side Is your welder operating on 110V or 220V. 110V may not have enough power. I am not familiar with your machine but believe it operates on either.