Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Ok, I just watched a cool video on here. Welding razor blades. I have an AHP Alpha 200 tig welder. Are there tig welders that are just for lower amps? If so, my ass will have to save for one. That being said, I would rather not spend $1000 on one.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

I'm no expert, but I get reasonable results (granted, I am no Jody...) around the 20 amp range.

How low do you want to go?

Moz

If I remember right, the AHP 200x bottoms out at 10 amps.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

The ones that are dedicated for very low amperage, are usually dedicated jewelry welders. The Dynasty 200/210dx goes down to 1A, but I can't imagine ever needing that low of an amperage. Mine bottoms out at 4A, and that is barely visible, lol.
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Yah those micro tig welders are pretty cool, one of my brothers friends has a old Miller micro tig setup with the old analog gauges, I think he said it's stable in tenths of one amp! Evidently his friend specializes in doing nothing but micro welding. If that AHP200 goes down to 10 amps you should be able to weld those box knife blades. Give it a go! :)
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Super helpful stuff. Thank you. :D