Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Sickboyboone
    Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 am

Tbaugh wrote:I'm not happy with the Miller Digital Elite headgear. It doesn't stay up because its heavy and the stay up mechanism wears out quickly. I'm on Headgear #3 and don't use it everyday. I'd like to hear more about the Optrel and Sentinel. I tried on a Miller T-94 and it was lighter so maybe it wouldn't wear out the stay up plastic catch as easy.

I feel your pain brother. I'm on my second DE. First one had the original headgear and I loved it. My second, has the fancy ass new one and I'm not impressed. My supplier says you can still order the old ones so I might do that. I only got rid of my first one cu zig wanted one with graphics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sickboyboone

Farmwelding wrote:
Sickboyboone wrote:And don't feel bad about the dumb ass move, my co worker left his digital elite on a header of the combine we were working on and engaged the machine. Turned his 300 dollars into 300 pieces

Dats funny right there! Of course my farm brain wants to know what model combine and what kind of header/how big and what were you doing on it?

I believe it was our 9760 sts. 630 header. We also have a t670, a 9770, a 9610 and a few 9600s. We go through them every year before harvest.

Sickboyboone

Farmwelding wrote:
Sickboyboone wrote:And don't feel bad about the dumb ass move, my co worker left his digital elite on a header of the combine we were working on and engaged the machine. Turned his 300 dollars into 300 pieces

Dats funny right there! Of course my farm brain wants to know what model combine and what kind of header/how big and what were you doing on it?

I believe it was our 9760 sts. 630 header. We also have a t670, a 9770, a 9610 and a few 9600s. We go through them every year before harvest.