Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
TxTaildragger
    Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 am

Newbie tig welder here……

Ive taken ownership of a fairly unused Lincoln 255 SW with a Magnum cooler……..Ive looked at the manuel for instructions, but am still confused. On the machine it has the gas in and out ports along with water in and out ports. So with the CK 20 torch I plan to purchase how do you hook up the power lead? Am I still required to purchase the block that attaches to the positive side treaded stud? Does this make the use of the water inlet/outlet ports built into the machine inoperative? Ive looked for documentation and have dug into videos on Youtube for ideas with no luck for this Squarewave 255.

Humbly standing by for some direction.

Jeremy
Lincoln Tig 255 SquareWave
Lincoln CoolArc 40
Miller 251
Pilot/A&P
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

TxTaildragger wrote: So with the CK 20 torch I plan to purchase how do you hook up the power lead? Am I still required to purchase the block that attaches to the positive side treaded stud? Does this make the use of the water inlet/outlet ports built into the machine inoperative?
Since you haven't purchased the torch yet, you're in luck. Talk to whoever you buy the torch from and ask for the right parts to connect it to a 255, they should know what to sell you.
You'll probably need to buy a few adapters, go to arc-zone.com or some other welding site and stare at the dinse adapter pages for examples. I think what you need for this machine is called a stud to dinse adapter, that will bolt on the power stud. That will allow the dinse connector on the CK to twist on. There will be separate fittings for water and gas coming out of the torch jacket (assuming you bought a torch with separate gas and water leads), those attach to the fittings on the front of the machine for water and gas.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
TxTaildragger
    Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 am

Ok, I will call ArcZone, I appreciate the info!

Have a great July 4th!
Lincoln Tig 255 SquareWave
Lincoln CoolArc 40
Miller 251
Pilot/A&P