Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

I like the idea that was mentioned of using a cutting board, or any other HDPE plate. That would certainly eliminate any moisture questions.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

I blow off the table every time we start new ails and I dont bump weld like its shown on video. I do vary the heat but not off and on. I dont like how that method looks. I will try to get a pic of thede marks. They dont happen every time. Image

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
nelson
    Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Maybe (ha ) I'm an idiot. That weld looks great but the color of it does not. Am I missing something?
Stone knives and bearskins.....and a NEW EVERLAST 164SI !!!
That's my newly shared work welder.
At home I got a Power Tig 185 DV. Nice, but no plasma cutting... Nice tight arc after a second.

nelson wrote:Maybe (ha ) I'm an idiot. That weld looks great but the color of it does not. Am I missing something?
anodized...
Richard
Website
dave powelson
    Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:09 am

nelson wrote:Maybe (ha ) I'm an idiot. That weld looks great but the color of it does not. Am I missing something?
That's a normal and great looking weld bead for anodized.
The bead looks that way from the anodized skin floating on top of the puddle.
nelson
    Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Thanks. I learned something today.
Being a noob I would have said that is stainless tube and the weld looks like the backside, unshielded stainless weld. When I think anodized I picture that dull finish.
Par for me.
Stone knives and bearskins.....and a NEW EVERLAST 164SI !!!
That's my newly shared work welder.
At home I got a Power Tig 185 DV. Nice, but no plasma cutting... Nice tight arc after a second.