Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Are your cables reversed?
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Your original post mentions that you're using a gas lens. Have you ever used this lens successfully or is it brand new? If you've never used it successfully, put the standard collet body back on that came with the machine and try that. I've had gas lenses that stop working for reasons I've never figured out. Also if it's a cheap lens from eChinaBay, that might be the problem even if it's brand new.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

How much of your tungsten is sticking out of the cup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
christiankeith90
    Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:59 am

It was a bad regulator! Hooked another regulator up and the gas flowed perfectly. I didn't have any time to weld but I can't wait to try it with good gas flow lol
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Great, now the fun part begins 8-)
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

christiankeith90 wrote:It was a bad regulator!
Is that the regulator that came with the machine? That should be warrantied if it is.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

christiankeith90 wrote:It was a bad regulator! Hooked another regulator up and the gas flowed perfectly. I didn't have any time to weld but I can't wait to try it with good gas flow lol
Nice. Got it on Guess #2! :)
christiankeith90
    Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:59 am

Yeah, they replaced it for free. Thanks guys
ricahrdmeyers
    Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 am

Hi, I have also got a square wave TIG 200 which was bought by my uncle. In fact, I am a beginner in this. My main intention to study welding is that to repair my car that was actually used by my grandpa. I just want to keep that for his memory. Now it is in a damaged condition. I have to do some works for the door,fender etc. But my friend suggested to seek the help of a steel fabrication company in Toronto and am planning to get their help. I am actually fed up with the welding process at times. Beginners have to be cautious of such stuff. It is high time that I have to learn this more.
    Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Warrenh wrote:How much of your tungsten is sticking out of the cup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I know this post is kinda old and the problem has already been fixed, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. Besides technique, the 3 hardware mistakes I see my students make most often is 1st, like Warrenh mentioned, they stick the tungsten out too far. Text books will tell you the stickout should be 1-2 times the diameter of the tungsten. With regular hardware on mild steel though, you can easily get away with a 1/4" stickout, gas lenses of course offer more. The other two common mistakes I see is students will put the collet on backwards which blocks the gas completely, OR they will screw the back cap on first, which causes the collet body to only screw in 1-2 turns, causing clearance issues and gas issues.
Tyler