Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
nelson
    Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

So that bobbing between 11 and 12 makes sense now. It's the AD circuit parsing the pot position.

I'm intrigued. If you floor the pedal does it indicate the max amps? I know they pissed you off but I could live with that. Maybe.

Mine goes down to 5 amps and that's what I need sometimes for small stuff so starting at 11 isn't good for me.
Stone knives and bearskins.....and a NEW EVERLAST 164SI !!!
That's my newly shared work welder.
At home I got a Power Tig 185 DV. Nice, but no plasma cutting... Nice tight arc after a second.
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

You better not post anything over there even remotely critical of everlast or the trolls come out in force. I looked at a 250ex but wanted a 25' air cooled torch and a hand control to make it portable. I was quoted 1700.00 but could not get an exact list of what I was or wasnt getting. I put this problem on that forum and they spent two weeks bashing me and never even read what the problem was. I finally posted screenshots of the email chain and they apparently didnt read that either. It was crazy. Everlast never tried to resolve the issue just bashed me and lied about the content of the conversation even after it was posted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
DrivenToMake
    Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 pm

nelson wrote:So that bobbing between 11 and 12 makes sense now. It's the AD circuit parsing the pot position.

I'm intrigued. If you floor the pedal does it indicate the max amps? I know they pissed you off but I could live with that. Maybe.

Mine goes down to 5 amps and that's what I need sometimes for small stuff so starting at 11 isn't good for me.
Yep, bury the pedal, it reads the max you have it set to.

Not ideal, but I could live with it for a while. This is just my entrance into TIG. I always start small with any of my equipment to figure out what I like and don't like before I invest 2-3k in something.

I'm not pissed at all. I'm genuinely surprised that they treat customers like this. He pointed me to some link that won't load that supposedly explains the function of the display.

I don't work at Everlast. Put it in the manual, or the product page. I read everything I could find before posting.

Teach your tech guy not to call intended functionality a "quirk".

The big investment will NOT be Everlast. I don't reward disrespect with my dollars.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
DrivenToMake

Warrenh wrote:You better not post anything over there even remotely critical of everlast or the trolls come out in force. I looked at a 250ex but wanted a 25' air cooled torch and a hand control to make it portable. I was quoted 1700.00 but could not get an exact list of what I was or wasnt getting. I put this problem on that forum and they spent two weeks bashing me and never even read what the problem was. I finally posted screenshots of the email chain and they apparently didnt read that either. It was crazy. Everlast never tried to resolve the issue just bashed me and lied about the content of the conversation even after it was posted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Ridiculous. Yeah, whoever they have running that forum is ruining relationships. The guy is seriously delusional.

DrivenToMake

I have a solution to the issue which will give me the functionality I'm looking for.

In the pedal's plug, pins 6 and 7 are shorted (intentionally). This tells the welder a pedal is plugged in.

I am going to open up the connector and sever the short. I'll solder in two short jumper wires and feed those out of the strain relief.

I'll then solder to those jumpers an NC momentary switch.

In normally closed state, welder operates as it does now. Press the momentary, welder thinks no pedal is plugged in, adjust amperage, display updates.

No need to unplug pedal.

nelson
    Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Great idea!
Stone knives and bearskins.....and a NEW EVERLAST 164SI !!!
That's my newly shared work welder.
At home I got a Power Tig 185 DV. Nice, but no plasma cutting... Nice tight arc after a second.