Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
andreb
    Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some fill/grind/blend work on thin sheet steel expansion chambers (two stroke race bike) and after several burn-throughs with ER70S-2 filler I tried some 1/16 ERCuSi-A I found in the shop. It works great for the application, love the way it flows. I want to switch to a .40 tungsten and I'm looking for filler rod diameter match.

Harris makes it in .35 (I think) but its 30 lb. quantity! I can find a 10 lb. spool in .40 MIG wire but even that is $13 - $17 a lb. and in either quantity I'd never use it all in my entire life.

Does anyone know a supplier that sells in 1 lb. or would anyone be willing to sell my some if you have it? I've been searching the web but no luck.

TIA

I guess you've checked with your LWS. The smaller dia the higher the cost, given the way this rod flows it seems .045 might be a good choice?

HERE is .045" dia
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I ordered a 1# tube of 0.045 from my LWS, Roberts Oxygen. I would expect yours too would be able to order it.
andreb
    Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks guys. That's where I started; my LWS. 30 lbs was the smallest qty they'd sell. It was that or a 10 lb spool that I'd have to cut and straighten. Thanks for the link to Arc-Zone LtBadd. I'll order from them.
cptjackm
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

andreb wrote:Thanks guys. That's where I started; my LWS. 30 lbs was the smallest qty they'd sell. It was that or a 10 lb spool that I'd have to cut and straighten. Thanks for the link to Arc-Zone LtBadd. I'll order from them.

I just Googled it up on Amazon, you can buy a pound for about $13.25,
several sizes and free shipping for $25 or more.
Air Gas had specs on it recommending around 45 cfh.