Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Lots better than last week. Beads are pretty straight. Watched the arc close and practiced pedal control. Got cheaters for the helmet, so I could see a little better. Cleaned the material better. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene

Looks good David
Richard
Website
dgapilot

Was able to keep more of a straight line, and more even bead width and penetration. Tried running a couple with pulse too. I ordered a stubby gas lens kit on eBay. Hopefully that will make the 26 torch a little more manageable! The TIG Finger is an absolute must, makes hand comfort so much better. I was having trouble with heat escaping from under the plate I was welding on and impinging on my wrist of my torch hand. Ended up using another plate on top of the one I was welding to deflect that.

David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Don't be afraid to dunk that sucker in a bucket of water every few beads. It'll help keep the temperature manageable whilst you're maximising your seat time. There are some decent looking beads there David so stick with it. What you're doing is building in muscle memory and as with very new skill if you don't use it you lose it.

My Granddad was a professional bass player in jazz bands back in the 50's and 60's and he used to say to me "Adam, if I don't play her for a day, she leaves me for a week. If I don't play her for a week, she leaves me for a month. If I don't play her for a month, she leaves me for a year!" So true.

Flo
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

It does look heaps better! Another trick you can try, use an awl and scribe straight lines parallel to each other and weld between them. Set their width to your preferred bead size. This artificial edge will help you maintain your straight line control and offer you further help while welding to size and control your bead.
OzFlo wrote: My Granddad was a professional bass player in jazz bands back in the 50's and 60's and he used to say to me "Adam, if I don't play her for a day, she leaves me for a week. If I don't play her for a week, she leaves me for a month. If I don't play her for a month, she leaves me for a year!" So true.
I wish my wife was a jazz bass.... ;)
dgapilot

Unfortunately no practice this weekend. Trip up to NY for family stuff. I did make up a 15' extension for my ground cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene
dgapilot

Got a couple hours practice in today. Nothing noteworthy other than dipping the tungsten a lot today! Just need more hood time!

David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene