Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Dan_Deflavis
    Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:33 am

I own A 250ex and i love it, its capable of way more than i am
nailbanger138
    Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Dan,

how long have you had it? How hard do you push it? Any problems?
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

both have gotten some bad reviews
I would seriously challenge this statement. I have looked and have not ever been able to find even one negative comment about the HTP welder. If you have links I would really like to see them. I have never even been able to find a report of someone sending one back for warranty repair.

That being said, to the OP, how much aluminum welding are you doing? I think both machines have features that 90% of most welders really don't need.
Multimatic 255
nailbanger138

Louie1961,

I agree that both machines have features that are probably not necessities. I run a syncrowave 200 at work, so that is my basis of comparison. My main concern in my initial post is which machine is more reliable. I want to be above 200 amps because I mess with 1/4 aluminum on occasion. I would love to have an older strictly transformer based machine, but the size and power consumption on these machines are not appealing. The syncrowave at work requires an 80 amp breaker if I want to run anything over 180 amps for more than minute. I really want to believe that everlast is making a good product, but I get this nagging feeling, from hints on different forums, that any complaints about these machines are somehow buried. I can't find an honest review of an everlast product after a period of a few years anywhere. There are plenty of "unboxings" and feature overviews. I don't get the same feeling with the htp reviews.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

If reliability is your concern (and that's valid), just do some searches, here, at weldingweb.com and on google. I have tried and have never, ever been able to find even one bad review of the HTP machine. If you find one I would love to see it. I keep toying with the idea of letting my syncrowave go and getting an HTP, if for no other reason than the space savings in my work area.
Multimatic 255
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

nailbanger138 wrote:Louie1961,

I agree that both machines have features that are probably not necessities. I run a syncrowave 200 at work, so that is my basis of comparison. My main concern in my initial post is which machine is more reliable. I want to be above 200 amps because I mess with 1/4 aluminum on occasion. I would love to have an older strictly transformer based machine, but the size and power consumption on these machines are not appealing. The syncrowave at work requires an 80 amp breaker if I want to run anything over 180 amps for more than minute. I really want to believe that everlast is making a good product, but I get this nagging feeling, from hints on different forums, that any complaints about these machines are somehow buried. I can't find an honest review of an everlast product after a period of a few years anywhere. There are plenty of "unboxings" and feature overviews. I don't get the same feeling with the htp reviews.

I can't find an honest review of an everlast product after a period of a few years anywhere. There are plenty of "unboxings" and feature overviews. I don't get the same feeling with the htp reviews.
I have had the Everlast 250ex for about 3 years trouble free
I use most of the features. I don't use automatic pulse settings. Anyway.....I plan on purchasing the dynasty 280dx because I want to support Miller and they make great stuff, but the Everlast is a solid power source for me. I will not get rid of it because of " reliability". It's because I don't know how they treat employees that make the products.

Sent from my SCH-I535PP using Tapatalk
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

[

I can't find an honest review of an everlast product after a period of a few years anywhere. There are plenty of "unboxings" and feature overviews. I don't get the same feeling with the htp reviews.
I have had the Everlast 250ex for about 3 years trouble free
I use most of the features. I don't use automatic pulse settings. Anyway.....I plan on purchasing the dynasty 280dx because I want to support Miller and they make great stuff, but the Everlast is a solid power source for me. I will not get rid of it because of " reliability". It's because I don't know how they treat employees that make the products.

Sent from my SCH-I535PP using Tapatalk
nailbanger138

Sim,

What are you using it for? How hard are you pushing it? How often? Any dislikes?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Louie1961 wrote:
both have gotten some bad reviews
I would seriously challenge this statement. I have looked and have not ever been able to find even one negative comment about the HTP welder. If you have links I would really like to see them. I have never even been able to find a report of someone sending one back for warranty repair.
Exactly. I think my post is about as negative as it gets, but only with regards to the display being off, or maybe the machine is off by a couple of amps. Hardly anything to complain about. Nearly all welders are "off" from each other anyways. :lol:
nailbanger138

After a little more research, and actually trying to deal with each company, I have decided the HTP is the way to go. I appreciate all the response. I will explain what finalized my decision. I was looking at both products, and talke to representatives from both companies. Talking with the HTP folks left no unanswered questions. My dealing with everlast were no where near as useful. One of the questions I asked was answered with something like, hang on let me watch one of Jody's videos and I'll tell you. Also, I asked numerous times to have a complete quote of what I was interested emailed to me. Still haven's seen that form everlast, but I had an immediate response from HTP. This all leads me to believe that in the event of any issue, HTP will be miles ahead to deal with.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

If you happen to call HTP an hour before they open or on a Sunday, the owner Jeff Noland will likely answer the phone and do whatever he can to help you out.