Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
sru_tx
    Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:53 pm

CJ737,
No worries. I didn't mean to sound like I had my panties in a twist.

If I didn't want to hear honest and objective opinions, I shouldn't have asked.

may your tungstens stay pointy and clean
Figuring out what I want to be when I grow up.

Better to be a "Learn it all" than a "Know it all"
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Ha! I like a good ball on the end for aluminum :D ;)
MFleet
    Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:26 am

Yeah, welding equipment goes for ridiculous prices around here. I was going down this same path and decided that I wanted a warranty for anything inverter based. They seem to fail in a very costly fashion.

Another option that may work for you is to rent it if you just need one for the occasional job. We have at least one good rental place in town and may do that one of these weeks just to see what it is all about. Until then, I have a pre-heat oven, torch, etc. and a gas mixer to bring in some metered helium.
Miller 350P w/Python
Miller Syncrowave 250DX - Beaterwave project
Hypertherm Powermax65
Hobby class lathe and milling machine
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I rent machines when the shop ones aren't available. Or when the ones I have on my truck aren't big enough.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
sru_tx

Thanks for the input MFleet and Poland308. I decided to take a deep breath, cool my jets, and let this one pass.

I think the realistic plan is to wait and buy either a Miller 210DX or 280DX OR an Everlast 255EXT and plan on grabbing some helium when/if I need a little more juice. I think I know the arguments in favor of the blue over the green (support) and vice versa (cost). We'll just have to wait and see.

thanks
steve

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Sounds like your on the right track, Iv'e had a Dynasty 300 DX for years, and its a great machine, my brother just picked up a Dynasty 210DX tig runner and I was very impressed with it's ability to get right into 1/4" aluminum and also it's low end was very smooth.. Awesome machine..

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
sru_tx

With Miller's rebate on the 210DX plus Cyberweld tossing in a Speedglas 9100XXi it's enough to drive me crazy (or divorced :lol: )

cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Check out Indiana Oxygen too:
www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com

Great prices, really great people, and excellent support