Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Low carbon steel joints with tig really require the deoxidisers that fillers provide which is why fusion joints can lack strength and longevity. If you want to tig your exhausts and have flat joints try using er70s-6 filler with good fitup and pulse.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Thanks again guys.

As much as I'd like to use stainless tube, I can't find it in the diameter I need. I'm going for the very best fitup I can - I learned early that its worth the prep. Next step, as mentioned before, will probably be to use Mig wire (ER70S2) as filler, with pulse.

Cheers,

Moz
Coldman

Do you have ER70S-2 mig wire?, it's not commonly used. Most common mig wire is ER70S-6 which would give you a better result in this case.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Coldman wrote:Do you have ER70S-2 mig wire?, it's not commonly used. Most common mig wire is ER70S-6 which would give you a better result in this case.
Interesting. Mine is S2, but I can get my hands on some S6 no problem if you reckon it would be better.

Moz
Coldman

S-6 will be flatter and also give you a better mig experience when you eventually get your gmaw power source.

Sent using Tapatalk