Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I bought my Everlast Powertig 255ext and just got the basic package. I never had any problem with the pedal until a couple of months ago when the micro switch took a shit. Rather than trying to find a replacement part I just upgraded to the best quality pedal that Everlast offers: a 2,000,000 cycles pedal. And I'm damn glad that I did. The smooth operation of this thing is slicker than owl shit and everyone who has tried it is thoroughly impressed. It offers smoother operation and finer control than any other pedal I've ever tried, including Lincoln and Miller pedals. Even a 22 year veteran told me it was the sweeteat thing he had ever laid his foot upon.If you're in the market for a green machine, do yourself a favor and get the upgraded pedal with your purchase.
Attachments
Bad ass pedal
Bad ass pedal
20170820_170733.jpg (23.05 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Generic ass box
Generic ass box
20170820_170651.jpg (30.38 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Got the upgraded pedal with my 210EXT. Aside from smooth operation, it's got a 25' chord, so you can place it a long way from the welder. I also upgraded my torches so they have 25' superflex leads, and just made up a 15' extension for the ground. Overall good choice on the pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene
DrivenToMake
    Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 pm

I looked at those, but I couldn't find any information on the manufacturer.

Nova Welding Industries? You'd think a Japanese company would have a web presence.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

Sure looks like an 'SSC' foot pedal

https://www.ssccontrols.com/

edit:
SSC makes one damn fine tig pedal!(one came with my TA 185 machine)

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I figured that it was made in chineez, just like the welder. It's awesome none the less.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT