Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

my welding bag that I take to work every day which has my helmet and welding glasses, also has a collection of about 3 dozen or so of old mismatched welding gloves of various brands and styles, mostly left hand ones as I tend to destroy the right hand ones quicker (I'm right handed)... I rarely have a matched pair of gloves... My favorite brand of gloves are simply the ones that don't have burn holes in them, or worse, have fingers that have shrunk half their original size from too much heat... Basically, i go through a lot of gloves in a very short amount of time, so the cheapest gloves like Tilmans, are my favorite gloves.. If i buy nice gloves they just get destroyed, no point in wasting the money... I can't own nice things :D
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
Juni_1976
    Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

I've used Tillman for years, they are getting harder and more expensive to get all the time. The weld supplier that my shop uses now Carrie Black Stallion brand and I've had nothing but good luck with them
jeffstevens2974
    Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm

I have recently made a change to the full grain goatskin Tegera 126 TIG Gloves. They have been working really well so far, heaps sensitive for the lower amp stuff. Anyone else tried them out? https://www.awsi.com.au/personal-safety ... ing-gloves . What gloves do you guys use for bigger jobs?