Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BugsBunnyWelder
    Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 pm

I am just getting in Welding and Really Like the Two hands that I have ;) so I am Looking for some good Gloves to keep them.
What brand of Glove do you have and would you Recommend them? :D
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

So far I've used Radnor, Miller, BSX and Tillman. Radnors are just super cheap. The rest are good.

BBW
Welcome to the forum, might want to specify if your TIG, MIG or stick (SMAW) welding. Even then big difference welding below 100 amps or above.

I do mostly TIG below 200 amps and like a thin glove like THIS
Richard
Website
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

I otdered some steiner mega tig gloves and liked them. Thick insulated back with a thin palm and seamless index finger.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Everything Tillman. Just like the way they fit and feel and since I'm a student I get a discount at my LWS on certain pairs of gloves. And after use by me and my forgetful mind they are black and still are in excellent condition. About every day I use them I pick up the damn hot metal and burn it.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

I picked up a pair of riggers gloves from my local hardware store when I first started welding - they were $10.

The idea was that I'd just use them until I found some 'proper' gloves, but I'm on my third pair now. They are soft, fit well and give me plenty of dexterity for Tig welding. Bargain.

Moz
MFleet
    Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:26 am

My tig gloves are at the top with the thin one for the filler rod. The thick tillmans are used for everything else.
IMG_20170824_150706128[1].jpg
IMG_20170824_150706128[1].jpg (100.8 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Miller 350P w/Python
Miller Syncrowave 250DX - Beaterwave project
Hypertherm Powermax65
Hobby class lathe and milling machine
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

I've used Tillman gloves longer than I can remember of one style or another depending on what process I'm doing. I mainly stick with the 24cxl. Another reason I like the Tillman is that their extra large gloves are actually extra large and I can comfortably wear them all day.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
CanMoulder
    Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:02 pm

miller tig
best gloves i have ever worn
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

I've always used Tillmans for Tig welding, but the last time I bought a pair of gloves I tried Millers and I will have to say they are quite comfortable.
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

my welding bag that I take to work every day which has my helmet and welding glasses, also has a collection of about 3 dozen or so of old mismatched welding gloves of various brands and styles, mostly left hand ones as I tend to destroy the right hand ones quicker (I'm right handed)... I rarely have a matched pair of gloves... My favorite brand of gloves are simply the ones that don't have burn holes in them, or worse, have fingers that have shrunk half their original size from too much heat... Basically, i go through a lot of gloves in a very short amount of time, so the cheapest gloves like Tilmans, are my favorite gloves.. If i buy nice gloves they just get destroyed, no point in wasting the money... I can't own nice things :D
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
Juni_1976
    Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

I've used Tillman for years, they are getting harder and more expensive to get all the time. The weld supplier that my shop uses now Carrie Black Stallion brand and I've had nothing but good luck with them
jeffstevens2974
    Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm

I have recently made a change to the full grain goatskin Tegera 126 TIG Gloves. They have been working really well so far, heaps sensitive for the lower amp stuff. Anyone else tried them out? https://www.awsi.com.au/personal-safety ... ing-gloves . What gloves do you guys use for bigger jobs?