Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

noddybrian wrote:Unless ............... for wear ) as a last resort if you don't intend to change this connection on a regular basis you could use a thread seal / lock product though this is hardly an ideal scenario - I'll be interested to see the outcome as I only tried dealing with Rapid once & will not be again - hopefully CK themselves value their reputation & will resolve it - I find it odd that you cannot find a supplier closer to your location - even if it means using Ebay.
Is there the possibility that the UK suppliers graft a new Euro compatible fitting onto the power cable or even make their own PC ?

Thus the sloppy silver soldering job . I've had good service from TPS Weld Tec in UK ; keithp@tpsweldtech.com
Futterama
    Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:25 am

As mentioned, I emailed CK Worldwide and they have coordinated with Rapid Welding to get me a replacement unit.

Unfortunately, Rapid Welding was out of stock with the flex head version, so they took a rigid head version and fitted a replacement flexi head, leaving the rigid head in the box for me as a compliment.

In my eyes, very good service from both CK Worldwide and Rapid Welding and I'll be a rigid head richer from all this, so I'm a happy Rapid Welding/CK Worldwide customer 8-)
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm glad you have it all sorted - though I do rather believe because you went to CK direct they told Rapid how is was going to go down to protect their product reputation - don't hold your breath on them doing it without protest themselves - but all is sorted in the end so good result.
Futterama
    Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:25 am

I received the replacement unit today and the fitting looks perfect this time 8-)
DSCF4474.JPG
DSCF4474.JPG (27.05 KiB) Viewed 948 times