Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
AntonFTW
    Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Today I was showing someone the basics on how to weld pipe as they hadn't done it before, I went outside after setting up the welder and when I came back in the welder had the temperature light on as if it had gotten too hot, this was strange as the machine itself wasn't even close and the torch was barely warm.

I turned on the water cooling and waited like it says to in the online instruction manual but the light didn't turn off.

Wondering if this is something I did accidentally by turning the water cooler on after the light had come on? Just finding it strange how the light wouldn't turn off even when the equipment was stone cold.

Any help would be appreciated.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Are you saying that you welded with a water cooled torch with the water turned off?
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I will echo the same question.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
AntonFTW
    Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Wasn't me using it, but I think it's safe to say that there was welding done without the water cooling on.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

This has most likely nothing to do with the water cooler.
The thermal sensors monitor temperature on the boards and/or transformer.

Running a water cooled torch without water will damage the torch first and then power cable.

Power down the machine and let it cool. If it persists, call your service center.