Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Graveyard
    Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

After 8 years with the same welding hood I decided to upgrade from my Speedglas 9100X to an 9100XXi. I also took some advice from the forum here and picked up a nice SSC 22-25K tig pedal for the Everlast 160 STH I just got. Unboxed everything and played with it a little last night and I am super pumped about the speedglas. The shade 5 side lenses seem to help a lot with eye fatigue and the tig pedal is super smooth. The everlast machine is just a backup/teaching machine I got for a good deal used. My main machine is the miller Syncrowave 210, if my pedal for it ever goes out in definitely gonna pick up another SSC for it as well.
Attachments
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG (133.08 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG (63.58 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG (41.2 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

Always good when you can upgrade, I guess you could say you're upgraded from head to toe :lol:
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I've got that same pedal on my Dynasty and really like it as well.
Graveyard

LtBadd wrote:Always good when you can upgrade, I guess you could say you're upgraded from head to toe :lol:
Ha ha yeah pretty much! Gonna really put the helmet through its paces next week!
Graveyard

cj737 wrote:I've got that same pedal on my Dynasty and really like it as well.
Awesome! Def think I'll be getting one for my syncrowave if the factory pedal ever fails.
cj737

Having gone back and looked at your first picture, I think the "self-spoiling" comes in the form of rubber mats to stand on! Man, that's gotta be so much easier on your knees after a day of welding than standing on concrete. Getting old ain't for pu$$ies... Ask me how I know :evil: Yes, I am both! :o :D
Graveyard

cj737 wrote:Having gone back and looked at your first picture, I think the "self-spoiling" comes in the form of rubber mats to stand on! Man, that's gotta be so much easier on your knees after a day of welding than standing on concrete. Getting old ain't for pu$$ies... Ask me how I know :evil: Yes, I am both! :o :D

Oh man, I'm 33 and have had one knee surgery at 18 so inneed to take care of myself as much as I can. I started wearing a miller respirator this year also and it has a noticeable difference on my lungs for sure.
cj737

Ha! You, like many of us, had those orthopedic surgeries due to active/sports-oriented lives. I've had 3 ACLs, plus ITB, plus, plus, plus. Only now, in my tender golden-ish years are these "orthodox" visits focused on arthritis, degenerative, cartilage wear. That's when you know you're getting old and its time to work harder, sleep less, and make the moments count. Not like you Young Guns with decades of "wisdom" ahead of you! :D
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

cj737 wrote:Ha! You, like many of us, had those orthopedic surgeries due to active/sports-oriented lives. I've had 3 ACLs, plus ITB, plus, plus, plus. Only now, in my tender golden-ish years are these "orthodox" visits focused on arthritis, degenerative, cartilage wear. That's when you know you're getting old and its time to work harder, sleep less, and make the moments count. Not like you Young Guns with decades of "wisdom" ahead of you! :D
Old enough to know better still to young to care

Or Montgomery gentry "back when I knew it all" I know now I'll never be as smart as I was back when I knew it all.

Besides who needs sports. Just bury yourself deep in some farm machinery. Spend a day taking apart a header using a torch and a breaker bare. Honestly in surprised I've never broken anything. Fortunate I guess. Of course 17 years ain't long to make a whole lot of mistakes. Hopefully one day I'll be as wise as all of you guys.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
cj737

Farmwelding wrote: Old enough to know better still to young to care

Or Montgomery gentry "back when I knew it all" I know now I'll never be as smart as I was back when I knew it all.

Besides who needs sports. Just bury yourself deep in some farm machinery. Spend a day taking apart a header using a torch and a breaker bare. Honestly in surprised I've never broken anything. Fortunate I guess. Of course 17 years ain't long to make a whole lot of mistakes. Hopefully one day I'll be as wise as all of you guys.
You are living proof of: "English is important, but welding is importanter" Farmboy-
jeffstevens2974
    Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Graveyard wrote:After 8 years with the same welding hood I decided to upgrade from my Speedglas 9100X to an 9100XXi. I also took some advice from the forum here and picked up a nice SSC 22-25K tig pedal for the Everlast 160 STH I just got. Unboxed everything and played with it a little last night and I am super pumped about the speedglas. The shade 5 side lenses seem to help a lot with eye fatigue and the tig pedal is super smooth. The everlast machine is just a backup/teaching machine I got for a good deal used. My main machine is the miller Syncrowave 210, if my pedal for it ever goes out in definitely gonna pick up another SSC for it as well.
Lucky Bugger! I'm looking at getting a Speedglas 9100xxi FX with the Adflo and my mate is looking at the 9002NC. Hows your helmet feeling so far?

I just found out that you also get a 3-year revolving warranty with Speedglas hoods and an extra year if you register it on their Aussie website https://www.awsi.com.au/product-register, which seems like a valuable extra.