Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Arsinforge
    Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:30 pm

How's going I'm new to this forum stuff so please excuse my ignorance. I have a question regarding tig with the powermig210. Im welding 1/8 plain mild steel, 3/32 electrode, argon, dcen, the proper set up. Recently I start my weld and almost instantly my electrode seems to crackle and burn up. Like its contaminated. I grind my electrodes on a belt grinder. With a Norton blaze ceramic abrasive belt. I do grind other metals with the same belt but I use a rubber bar to clean the belt. Ive also tried using a diamond wheel but not much changed. If I turn up the gas flow to almost 30 l/min it seems to weld a little better. But still not the machine used to when everything was brand new.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Your metal must be clean, and you need to verify that you are getting gas flowing out of the cup with no leaks.

Wet your finger, press the pedal to start the gas. Can you feel a cold chill anywhere other than the cup end? Is it flowing fully from the end?
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

sounds like leaking fitting
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil