Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
weldingstallion
    Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:49 am

Hey guys, hiii to all I am from Goa, India. I have been using migatronic pi350 Ac/DC. I have applied for a PRfor Canada in express entree and we are expecting ppr anytime now , so if I migrate to Canada Ontario most probably is it advisable to ship my machine ? Any pointers suggestions welcome thanx in advance.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi, Take a photo of the specification plate on the back of the welder, and one of North American Friends will be able to tell you if it'll work. That said, it may be easier to sell the machine before and use the money to buy a more common brand once in Canadia.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Unless it’s a super high end machine then it’s probably break even in cost once you figure in shipping. Aside from the possible power issues. Not sure if Canada is 50 hz or 60 hz but most new inverters will swing both ways. Like Mike said post up the electrical specs.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
weldingstallion

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hi, Take a photo of the specification plate on the back of the welder, and one of North American Friends will be able to tell you if it'll work. That said, it may be easier to sell the machine before and use the money to buy a more common brand once in Canadia.
I'll surely post the pic.
Appreciate your reply thanx.
weldingstallion

weldingstallion wrote:Hey guys, hiii to all I am from Goa, India. I have been using migatronic pi350 Ac/DC. I have applied for a PRfor Canada in express entree and we are expecting ppr anytime now , so if I migrate to Canada Ontario most probably is it advisable to ship my machine ? Any pointers suggestions welcome thanx in advance.
I have my profile on Instagram #weldingstallion
If anyone would like to refer on what work I do.
Thanx all for your valuable viewing.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

weldingstallion wrote:I have my profile on Instagram #weldingstallion
You have done a really wide range of work, very impressive. The online spec on your machine says it is 3phase 400v, which you won't find in a Canadian house, and in an industrial setting they would have 3ph 480v. Your machine is designed for 50hz so the transformer would be happier running on 60hz in Canada. But I would say your machine won't work in Canada because of the voltage. I suggest you ask the manufacturer to verify that.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
weldingstallion

MarkL wrote:
weldingstallion wrote:I have my profile on Instagram #weldingstallion
You have done a really wide range of work, very impressive. The online spec on your machine says it is 3phase 400v, which you won't find in a Canadian house, and in an industrial setting they would have 3ph 480v. Your machine is designed for 50hz so the transformer would be happier running on 60hz in Canada. But I would say your machine won't work in Canada because of the voltage. I suggest you ask the manufacturer to verify that.
Absolutely appreciate your reply thanx very much and also for going through my work profile , I would definitely ask my manufacturer and move ahead. God bless you.