Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Please confirm you are DCEN too ;)
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

If the increased time before the issue occurs is a result of increasing the regulator pressure I would assume it t be a gas blockage - a simple pea-shooter gauge will confirm this or by ear - if that is the cause start with no hose on the regulator & confirm good flow - then check hose for kinks to machine - then remove torch & confirm flow from solonoid valve - then check torch without consumables fitted - then check consumables - some manufacturers tolerances will not work together or it could be as simple as bad a collet .
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Are you still using the factory supplied torch? Or an aftermarket one? Not that an aftermarket one is a bad thing. But I could see where the little hose on the factory one, that goes from the gas fitting on the front of the machine to the torch/machine dinse connection, might leak.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Mojo88
    Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Thayne78 wrote:.....It was taken with a cellphone and the picture is good on the phone but sucks on the forum. Sorry about that..
Many cameras (phones) have 'macro' setting, which is used for very close focus. You likely know this already, but just thought I would toss it out there......
Thayne78
    Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 pm

We figured it out.

A bad bottle of argon.
What I'm convinced that it's 75/25 that is miss labeled.

I got a new bottle today it works.

Just because I could I swapped my MIG welders 75/25 tank on and it caused the exact same problem.
Thanks for all your help
Thayne
Thayne78
    Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Mojo88 wrote:
Thayne78 wrote:.....It was taken with a cellphone and the picture is good on the phone but sucks on the forum. Sorry about that..
Many cameras (phones) have 'macro' setting, which is used for very close focus. You likely know this already, but just thought I would toss it out there......

I never thought that the camera on my phone was so good.

It's a cellphone.

I searched the web and got a few pointers and cool. There are adjustments I never thought possible.
Thanks
Thayne78.