Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Rbeckett
    Mon May 10, 2010 7:01 am

Jody, youve had the 256 for a bit., Any new developements, shortcomings or issues since you repaired the HF point gap and moved the cable? Just wondered if it was still performing up to your standard or if you had anything new to report. Thanks!
Bob

so far so good on the powerpro 256.

i have not used the plasma cutter function very much other than to test it out on a few cuts. Tig works really good. stick works good too.

i do not like the torch or pedal much. thats putting it mildly.
I have a different pedal and torch on my 250ex and it makes a big difference in the whole feel of the thing. In fact I think everlast is screwing up by not offering a better pedal and torch. Still, when you look at the specs and how it welds, its a pretty good deal.

when i get time, i am going to make a diy water cooler and hook up a water cooled #20 small torch

regards,

jody
turbo388
    Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 pm

I have the little one, 200 DX, and man, I hate that foot pedal with the burning rage of a thousand suns. I put in a much much softer spring and tweaked the pots, changed out most of the flimsy hardware and added a bunch of bracing. It's almost usable now.

The HF on mine worked OK out of the box, I pulled the cover to check things over anyway. While I was in there I straightened and aligned the little HF tabs, and cut a plastic spacer to hold the gap where I set it and strapped the tabs together with a zip tie. Set the gap at around .022" and HOLY CRAP now it will throw a HF arc at least 3/4"! :shock:
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

sschefer Had what looks like a really good pedal made by a company not to far from me.

Here's the link

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/forum ... .php?t=805

I gotta get me one of those Image
Everlast 225LX
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

How about the everlast support team postings on that forum?

Rather than being an obnoxious prick and talk about how modifying your accessories will void the warrenty or what not, the guy seems to admit that the foot pedal is junk and actually offers tips for Steve's custom pedal.

How many companys will do that? Awesome.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?