Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

So im just looking for some tips here.

Im welding a heavy aluminum fillet. The angle is close to 120 degrees. Its very hard to get my 90 degree torch head in this thing. I know i will have to adapt but if you have any suggestions please fill me in :).

This is where it gets wierd a bit. Im having trouble welding with a tungsten stick out. I can only seem to weld cleanly with the tungsten close to the cup. If i stick it out any bit, the puddle gets all bubble gummy and black. I tried using a gas lense. But oddly a simple diffuser is my current best friend.

So thats where im at. Thanks guys!
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

17 flex
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

What is your gas setting

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Warrenh

Turn your gas up, 30 cfh is not too much. I use 40 on anodized with no problems. You can stick your tungsten out further. You can also block off the ends to help trap the gas in the corner. I think more gas will fix your problem though.

cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

The farther you extend the tungsten, the larger cup size you should use. That allows proper coverage while maintaining a tight arc. A larger cup demands a gas lens and more cfh. An 8 minimum or up to a 12 would be my choice.
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

Warrenh wrote:Turn your gas up, 30 cfh is not too much. I use 40 on anodized with no problems. You can stick your tungsten out further. You can also block off the ends to help trap the gas in the corner. I think more gas will fix your problem though.

Thanks it worked like a charm!!!!
Warrenh

Glad to help.