Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BLURAT
    Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:35 am

Hello,

Awhile back I asked Steve/OttoNobetter if it was ok to seek help from the membership with a personal project, and he said it was fine.

I am looking for someone who is very skilled with TIG brazing on cast iron, and lives somewhere between Auburn, Ca and the greater San Francisco Bay Area .

I am restoring a 1930s Rock Island Model 577 vise, and it needs minor filling of various blemishes (grinding gouges, a few very shallow drill pilot holes, shallow divots, etc) and padding/filling of the jaw towers in some places. Once the brazing is complete, a machinist friend will fine tune the towers and custom fit new jaw inserts.

I initially planned on buying some high dollar nickel stick rods and practicing on some scrap, but I would rather invest that cash in paying an experienced hand...I only have one shot at this and it's abit out of my skill range. If anyone is interested, it would be a perfect project for a.home shop, and there is no big hurry on my part. I can deliver it to your place (it's heavy...150#....but in pieces).

If anyone is interested, please email me at sjm396@gmail.com.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Shawn
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Sent you an email.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.