Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Not trying to start a whole "Buy American" debate, but............. Already have a Lincoln MIG. Have an Everlast TIG/Plasma/Stick. Need/want an AC Tig machine. Trying to decide between Everlast PowerTig 200DV, AHP Alphatig 200X, and Lotos 200A. Alot of similar specs, features. All for home/hobby use. I can MIG aluminum with the Lincoln spool gun, but for smaller stuff wanna TIG aluminum. Anybody have any thoughts, experiences, etc with these units?
Again, dont wanna start a "Chinese" debate.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
ProjectGoFast
    Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:05 am

You thought about the Everlast 210ext they have them on sale currently for about $1400, the Lincoln SW200 is also on sale for about 1300 right now. I had the SW200 the only complaint I had was the post flow is not adjustable, it's based off the amperage setting, so if your tacking a bunch that machine sucks down some argon. I ended up selling mine and getting the 210ext so far it has performed well. For the money the Alphatig 200 is hard to beat it has quite a few good reviews online.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

That price range would also add in the Thermal Arc / Tweco machines.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

250EX or EXT Everlast grow into not out of.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Graveyard
    Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

I just ordered a 325 EXT and a water cooler for it from everlast and I’m excited to try it out once it gets here! I currently have a 160STH which is DC only and I’m super impressed with it. I’ve had 2 millers and 2 everlasts and from the projects of used them all on I think everlast can go toe to toe with miller all day long.
ljdm1956

I haven't had any issues with my Everlast. Combo unit, stick, plasma and Tig work perfectly. I just didnt think ahead, and now realize I want/need A/C Tig. Features and specs on the Everlast Powertig 200DV and AHP AlphaTig 200x are really close, but AHP is 300.00 cheaper. Warranty is longer on Everlast, but if it doesnt fail within the first few months, chances are it will last for years. Also confusing the issue is the fact that AHP is somehow part of Everlast, so seems like some of Everlast's good qualities should carry over to AHP?
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I am not a big fan of Everlast products. If it were me I would get the Lincoln Squarewave 200 and install a torch with a valve on it......that way you can shut off the gas long before the internal valve does. Also I would purchase the extended warranty that Lincoln offers......you are covered for 5 years with that and the warranty that already comes with the machine.
ljdm1956

We all have a wish list, but then reality kicks in. Being retired on disability, looking for a Hobby/side job machine is def limited budget-wise. Machines i'm looking at are in the $750 - $1100 range.The 200DV and AlphaTig 200 fit spec-wise and dollar-wise, just trying to choose one over the other.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

If possible se if you can have a test drive on the units you are looking at, see which one you prefer.
Happy hunting
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
jwmelvin
    Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 pm

I was about to buy an AHP and then found a used Everlast 250EX with a water cooler. I felt like that was a meaningful upgrade worth a few hundred extra and decided to risk the likely lack of warranty. I only have a few hours on it so far but I’m happy with my choice.
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

I know little about Tig but Eastwood has a 200 AC/DC unit with a long list of features. We were having X-Mas dinner and while talking to a retired hobbiest like myself he got talking tig welding. He bought the tig/plasma combo and a friend of his bought the tig only. He's had his 4 years and is quite happy. The 200 AC/DC unit is on for $900.00 right now.