Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
7b_w
    Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:48 pm

My question is about current control using a foot pedal and the control that is on the face of the Tig welding machine.

When using the front panel control is that setting a max limit for the foot pedal control? Or does the foot pedal override the
front panel adjust control and lets you adjust current using the foot pedal from minimum to max of the welding machine?

7b_w wrote:My question is about current control using a foot pedal and the control that is on the face of the Tig welding machine.

When using the front panel control is that setting a max limit for the foot pedal control? Or does the foot pedal override the
front panel adjust control and lets you adjust current using the foot pedal from minimum to max of the welding machine?
The panel sets the max limit for the foot pedal
Richard
Website
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

the peddle has the same amount of movement regardless
of your setting but setting it close to the max point needed
will allow you more control on the peddle.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Not true for all machines. On my Everlast Powerultra 200p, if you set the rocker switch to pedal, instead of panel, it doesn't matter what the panel knob is set at, the pedal has full range of amps. I've read that most machines don't do that, just giving an example of one that does behave that way. My work-around was to either put a pot on the pedal, or as I did, I fabbed a mechanical adjustable stop to limit travel of the pedal which gave me a max amps with the pedal. I am kinda foot heavy with the pedal, had a hard time using pedal travel to limit max amps.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

sorry, don't know how thru do things in china.....
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
ljdm1956

ljdm1956 wrote:Not true for all machines. On my Everlast Powerultra 200p, if you set the rocker switch to pedal, instead of panel, it doesn't matter what the panel knob is set at, the pedal has full range of amps. I've read that most machines don't do that, just giving an example of one that does behave that way. My work-around was to either put a pot on the pedal, or as I did, I fabbed a mechanical adjustable stop to limit travel of the pedal which gave me a max amps with the pedal. I am kinda foot heavy with the pedal, had a hard time using pedal travel to limit max amps.
Here's my prototype of the mechanical stop for the pedal, will send pic of finished product, it works well though.
Attachments
tig stop.jpg
tig stop.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
ljdm1956

motox wrote:sorry, don't know how thru do things in china.....
craig
Not quite sure what you mean...... but sometimes we have to figure out ways to work with what we have
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff