It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 am Advanced search

Covering Your TIG Torch Hoses

Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process

Re: Covering Your TIG Torch Hoses

Postby tungstendipper » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:08 pm

LtBadd wrote:
tungstendipper wrote:
LtBadd wrote:THIS is what I bought, it's light and looks good, but my torch isn't really in a rough shop environment.

Now that's what I'm looking for!!
The 5/8" maybe to small for my 3 hose water cooled torch.
Thanks!!!

NO, if you read the specs it will expand up to 150%, I'm using it on a CK 20 torch...3 hoses

Yep! I got the 5/8" but on Amazon. As a Prime Member I got a 25Ft section, same brand for 13.98 with shipping.

Thanks Richard!!! :D
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter
3 old socks
tungstendipper
Workhorse

Postby LtBadd » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm

tungstendipper wrote:
Yep! I got the 5/8" but on Amazon. As a Prime Member I got a 25Ft section, same brand for 13.98 with shipping.

Thanks Richard!!! :D

Sweet deal!
Richard

Insert witty, sarcastic, or philosophical remark here.
LtBadd
Weldmonger

Postby Arclight Ironworks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 pm

tungstendipper wrote:Is there anything out there that is new, other than bulky canvas or heavy leather? ....Any suggestions?

We use a combination of materials. RED and BLUE covers are tubular webbing a la static (top rope) supports employed in rock climbing for anchoring. No velcro. FeedThru only.

RED covers a CK Worldwide 17 series torch; BLUE wraps an HTP 17 series, valved, torch; and BLACK shrouds a CK Worldwide 18 torch.

Our GoTo wrap for the 18-series water-cooled CK Worldwide torch is protected in TechFlex's TurtleWrap (www.wirecare.com). Easy install/deinstall with velcro and high-temp resistant. Made in USA.

Aside: the BLACK and BLUE cover SuperFlex lines by CK Worldwide, while the RED protects an old school (stiff) plastic line.

RED and BLUE are $. BLACK is $$. 25ft of BLACK runs ~ $90, but the material is pliable and way more operator friendly than than the RED/BLUE.

:: Go SuperFlex for all your control cables and wrap in tubular webbing and/or TurtleWrap

#thinkmechanically
Attachments
IMG_9375.JPG
IMG_9375.JPG (69.06 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Last edited by Arclight Ironworks on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpose, then passion; practitionership and practicality. Patience. Obsession and hard work. That's the discipline.
Arclight Ironworks
Workhorse

Postby Arno » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:49 am

Could go 'fancy' with some Nomex/Aramid braided cover:

https://www.hellermanntyton.com/product ... /170-02106

Extremely rugged and won't melt.

Another option seems:

https://www.techflex.com/prod_dwt.asp

https://www.techflex.com/prod_dpn.asp

Bye, Arno.
Arno
Ace

Postby cornmuse » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:44 am

The original leads for my ta185 tig were the power lead & the gas. A few times I melted the gas line (not all the way through tho). This setup was stiff & clunky, the two were zip-tied together & caught on everything. I replaced it with a 'superflex' lead. Never burnt it but I was wearing out the cover dragging it around. I had one of those 'expandable' garden hoses with the inner rubber(?) part was rotten. I cut off the ends & worked the inner tube out, cut outer (woven) in half & ran the superflex through it. It was exactly long enough for my 12' superflex line. I used a tiniest zip-tie to secure it (it fit under the '17's' handle). It is 'meltable', but so was the original setup. & the outer hose part is quite durable, (takes 125 psi at least!), like i said, it can melt tho.
I just try & be careful, , , ,

-c-

Apò toû hēlíou metástēthi
cornmuse
Workhorse

Postby rahtreelimbs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:41 pm

I have several tig welders. I use 1 inch tubular webbing to cover my Superflex hoses.

rahtreelimbs
Heavy Hitter

Postby pgk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:37 am

I have a leather version with the zipper, Works excellent, smooth and compact. I can't remember the brand as it was purchased decades ago. But it is very similar to this one: https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/ ... t-cl-3-22z
Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Ellis 1600
pgk
Guide

Postby Turbo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 pm

pgk wrote:I have a leather version with the zipper, Works excellent, smooth and compact. I can't remember the brand as it was purchased decades ago. But it is very similar to this one: https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/ ... t-cl-3-22z

This is the one I have and it works great. I think it's cheaper than the black synthetic miller cover that came with my welder.
Miller Dynasty 210dx
Turbo
Workhorse

Previous

Return to Tig Welding - Tig Welding Aluminum - Tig Welding Techniques - Aluminum Tig Welding