Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Gloves sold for Tig are just thin leather gloves mostly of a softer leather - there are plenty of places to buy similar gloves that do the same job without the complication of mentioning welding - if you go to a garden center / B&Q / Homebase / Bunnings have a look at they're selection of leather gardening gloves & there will be some soft leather types that are perfectly OK & they generally do have small sizes as women like gardening ! " Briers " is a good brand to look for - if you have nothing local Ebay deliver anywhere - even the land where sheep are scared !
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

WEASY-WOO wrote:... i recently got a TIG finger but I'm slightly confused about how exactly i should use it effectively.
Mostly, you stick your ring/pinky finger in the "pocket" with the folds towards your work. This creates layers of protection between your torch hand and work. Then use the TIG Finger to help slide your torch hand along the work.

I've used 2 TFs on either hand when working on thick steel or thick aluminum to keep my rod hand from melting either. Especially when welding thick aluminum and nearing the end of the piece, that metal gets REALLY dang hot. :o