Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

A 1/8 tungsten does take more heat than a thinner tungsten. The higher balance also increases penetration, reduces cleaning (as my machine refences balance). That guy (Aaron) is an extremely skilled welder and fabricator. He makes some great videos, provides very good recipes for his settings, and shows excellent results. A different type of video instructor to Jody, but both have provided excellent insight and help to lots of folks.
Turbo
    Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Lots of machines have a hard time getting a stable start in ac at low amperage. I don't know about your machine, but that is why there is a setting for tungsten diameter. The engineers have determined how high the starting amperage needs to be to get a stable arc. Bigger tungsten means higher starting amperage. I usually just increase amperage until the arc stabilizes and then back off to where I want to be at. I always use the foot pedal though.
Miller Dynasty 210dx

instagram: rsengineeringllc