Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
gravelsandwich
    Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:32 am

Hi,
I've never tried Tig welding before but i'm about to jump in and have a go. My budget is up to around $1500 for a new acdc machine and so far my preference is the Lincoln Powercraft 201 for $1600. Does anybody have any experience with this Tig as there is very little user info or videos on it? It must be a fairly new model but I figure because it's a Lincoln it can't be to bad.

Another consideration is i live in an Aussie regional town and would prefer to buy local instead of ordering a welder delivered from somewhere else in case i have a problem.
Other Tigs i've looked at i can buy local are:
Unimig Razorweld 200........$1200
Wia 200i.........................$1300

Any thoughts appreciated,
Thanks.......
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Tokentools have a very good range of tig welders. You may pay a little more but I have not heard anything bad about them, as I have with some of the other ones you mentioned
aroberson77
    Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:59 pm

The razorweld units have decent reviews too. Maybe look for a nice used machine too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

WIA have an extensive authorised repairer network which you can see on their website and identify if you have local support. This may help your decision process. The 200i is a good power source and likely to do everything you want to do.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

You may want to hold some of your budget in reserve to buy consumables and argon, too.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
gravelsandwich
    Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:32 am

I think i'm now leaning towards the Unimig Razorweld. As good a reputation the Lincoln has, the Unimig apart from no lift tig function looks as good on features and its parameters are a bit more adjustable. Both have a 3 year warranty and a similar duty cycle. Mr Tig did a duty cycle test on this machine with impressive results. The Wia only has a 2 year warranty and its adjustable parameters are less.
There's plenty of info and videos on the unimig, same machine as the Jasic 200 sold throughout Europe. There's virtually nothing on the Lincoln 201, nor any reviews i can find.

All input appreciated!!!
Graveyard
    Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

I just replaced my Miller with an everlast machine and for the price point I am very pleased with my decision. 5 year warranty and they seem to have good customer service. $1500 will go a long way with everlast.
jerje
    Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm

The 201 is 240 volt only. For that money you can get a square wave tig 200 which is both 120 and 230, or one of several Everlast dual voltage Tigs.
jerje
    Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm

I just noticed that the 201 doesn't even come with a foot pedal. I have a squarewave tig 200 but if I had it to do over I might buy the Everlast PowerTig 200dv for $1349. It has probably more features than any other tig on the market in that price range. Lots of knobs though.

https://www.everlastgenerators.com/prod ... rtig-200dv
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I've got a Razorweld 200AC/DC and am very happy with it. Jody has one too but his is the version with analog controls that's been rebranded "CK".