Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
slanwar
    Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 pm

I have a question about when Im using my tig welder the next day I have a discomfort on my right eye, not sand sensation on the eye but a discomfort, I bought a tig welder a few months ago and I’m learning how to use it but lately I barely use the tig and I end up to do everything with my old chicago electric mig welder. I maximize the shade on my helmets to 13 and all of them work fine when mig or even stick weld. The last helmet i bought from amazon had good reviews from the people using tig and im afraid im the problem not the welder :shock: any thought about this?
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Does your eyes feel dry? Do they ache? Do you have a headache because of your eyes. Do you wear glasses?
Lots of possibilities.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

slanwar, don't know your age but maybe you could try readers or a mag lens inside the hood. You should use a shade dark enough that allows you to distinguish the tip of the tungsten in the arc.

If it's been a few years then an eye checkup would be wise.
Richard
Website
slanwar

I decided to buy a better helmet and i got the Lincoln Electric viking and so far i have no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

slanwar wrote:I have a question about when Im using my tig welder the next day I have a discomfort on my right eye, not sand sensation on the eye but a discomfort, I bought a tig welder a few months ago and I’m learning how to use it but lately I barely use the tig and I end up to do everything with my old chicago electric mig welder. I maximize the shade on my helmets to 13 and all of them work fine when mig or even stick weld. The last helmet i bought from amazon had good reviews from the people using tig and im afraid im the problem not the welder :shock: any thought about this?
I ran into this several years back on 2 different helmets, first one was just a standard welding helmet but an older one and the lens didn't seat just right on one side and got a bit of arc flash on one eye, second one was when auto darken hoods first came out I got one and after about a year the lens started to not darken on one side by just a fraction but enough to, again let in arc flash. This may not be your problem but thought I would share and maybe check your seals and lens's.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Do it Right Today!
slanwar

Maniak wrote:
slanwar wrote:I have a question about when Im using my tig welder the next day I have a discomfort on my right eye, not sand sensation on the eye but a discomfort, I bought a tig welder a few months ago and I’m learning how to use it but lately I barely use the tig and I end up to do everything with my old chicago electric mig welder. I maximize the shade on my helmets to 13 and all of them work fine when mig or even stick weld. The last helmet i bought from amazon had good reviews from the people using tig and im afraid im the problem not the welder :shock: any thought about this?
I ran into this several years back on 2 different helmets, first one was just a standard welding helmet but an older one and the lens didn't seat just right on one side and got a bit of arc flash on one eye, second one was when auto darken hoods first came out I got one and after about a year the lens started to not darken on one side by just a fraction but enough to, again let in arc flash. This may not be your problem but thought I would share and maybe check your seals and lens's.
I ended up buying the Lincoln viking helmet and so far no issues with my eye, on top of that I love it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk