Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
James903
    Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 am

I’ve got a Lincoln 200 square wave. The only torch I have is the one that came with it,and have switched over to gas lenses. I’m looking into trying out some different torches, and not sure which direction to go. I would really like to have one with a remote amp control. The torch I have is a #17 is there a different size I can benefit from? I like trying out things until I find what works for me. I’m just unsure what’s out there and would like opinions from people that have used and more experience then me. Thanks
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

What amperage range do you do most of your welding.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

This amp control has gotten really good reviews from a number of people, it's just recently become available for SW200 and I plan to buy one. You might try that instead of buying a torch that comes with one. I've tried two or three amp controls and couldn't get the hang of any of them, it just interfered with keeping my torch steady.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
James903
    Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 am

My amps are normally between 70-100. All the stuff I’ve been working on I really haven’t had to go any higher then that so far. I have some thicker scrap aluminum I’ve been wanting to practice on, and I will probably turn it up.

Thanks for the info on that controller, I was surprised to see it’s made in Denver, I live about 20 miles away. I might try to contact them and see if I can try it out before I buy. Where did you see the reviews?
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

James903 wrote: Where did you see the reviews?
The reviews are here on the forum. If you search for the word "tigcontrol" you'll find some of them.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch