Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Very nice! Your material costs must a little high. You are making the absolute best of it!!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Warrenh
    Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

It's a project for for the coastal conservancy. It will be a sea turtle monument. I think the material wss around 10k. This was the small one. We still have to make the stands. They are supposed to be 14 feet at the tallest.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
jerje
    Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm

You mist have quite a reputation for them to award a job like that; $10k in materials alone!! Goodwill in a business is everything.
Warrenh

We have a good shop. Most of our work is beach homes. It's mostly high end ornamental. We have a job coming up for 25 spiral staircases with the possibility of 50 more. I really like the work.

Warrenh

Just started the base structure for the turtles. All stainless. It will all be stainless mig hardwire.ImageImage

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

I can't wait to see it once you complete it Warren, very cool project.
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Warrenh

Today I got the grass assembled and mounted so we can arrange the turtles for installation. The tallest grass is 14 feet.ImageImage

Warrenh

Today I got the grass assembled and mounted so we can arrange the turtles for installation. The tallest grass is 14 feet.ImageImage

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

This is going to look great :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Warrenh

Thanks Dave. The three turtles will be suspended in the grass. The mounting points have to be determined. All three turtles are supposed to have three points of contact in the grass.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

That’s something you don’t see on a welding table very often :lol: that’s awesome man, seriously.
Warrenh

Finally got two mounted. One more to go, then engineers aproval.ImageImageImageImage

Demented
    Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 pm

That is cool as hell dude! Nice work!
"Your welds should sound like bacon. If your welds smell like bacon, you're on fire." - Uncle Bumblefuck (AvE)
Warrenh

Thanks

Warrenh

A little closer today. Got the sand blasting done on the stainless and the chemicals on the bronze for the patina. Still waiting for the concrete base that is provided by others.ImageImage